Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Stupid Sequels and Re-makes

Why do people have to ruin movies by making pointless sequels? In other words, why would you take a film made over 10 years ago and try to continue the story? Take Terminator 3 for example. What a terrible movie compared to the other two. They didn't even have the same actor play John Carter. This movie was not necessary and I guess it is just an example of movie makers trying to make an extra buck.

Now they are making another Indian Jones movie! At least Harrison and Sean will be back. There will also be a Goonies 2 coming out next year. Come on now, what's the point?

Then there are the re-makes. Someone out there decided that it would be a good idea to remake one of my favorite classics, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. You will never believe who is playing Willy Wonka. Mr. Johnny Depp himself! Aren't we excited now?! (sarcasm happens) I really hope the movie makers don't screw this one up. I will be furious if this movie gets hacked up.

Here's what director Tim Burton says about the movie. "Well, I don't want to crush people's childhood dreams, but the original film is sappy," Burton says. "It's sappy when it shouldn't be sappy and it's weird. Let's just say it's not one of my personal favorites. I'd rate 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' much higher."

What a junkie whore!!! The original film is sappy? What kind of crap?? I really don't like you Tim.

I don't want to support this movie when it comes out next year but I have to find out if it is true to the book. I also want to see for myself if the movie is crap or not. Oh well, life is grand with re-makes.

0

Post a Comment

<< Home