Life is Grand!!!

Friday, February 25, 2005

Napoleon Dynamite

I had a chance to watch this movie the other day. I have heard a lot of great things about it and I wanted to see if it was all true.



Plot summary: From Preston, Idaho comes Napoleon Dynamite (Jon Heder), a new kind of hero complete with a tight red 'fro, some choice moon boots, and skills that can't be topped. Napoleon spends his days drawing mythical beasts, duking it out with his 32-year-old brother Kip (Aaron Ruell) and avoiding his Uncle Rico (Jon Gries), a door-to-door salesman who's mentally stuck in 1982 -- the year his football team "almost won state." But when two new friends are brought into his life -- Deb (Tina Majorino), the artisan behind the "boondoggle key chain," and Pedro (Efren Ramirez) with his sweet bike and talent with the chicks -- Napoleon finds goals outside of being a star milk-tasting judge. Together the trio launches a campaign to elect Pedro for class president and make the student body's wildest dreams come true. But if Pedro is to beat stuck-up Summer (Haylie Duff), Napoleon will have to unleash his secret weapon...


I actually liked the movie. There were quite a few laugh out loud parts. I thought that it was especially funny when Napoleon's brother and uncle bought themselves a time machine through ebay. How classic is that?

Here are some quotes about time machines...enjoy:

Uncle Rico: Kip, I reckon... you know a lot about... cyberspace? You ever come across anything... like time travel?
Kip: Easy, I've already looked into it for myself.
Uncle Rico: Right on... right on.

[Napoleon Dynamite straps himself into the time machine]
Kip: So are you ready?
Napoleon Dynamite: Yeah, hold on... I forgot to put in the crystals.


I think I actually like Napolean's brother the best. He had some of the funniest lines along with being really funny looking! He is a 32 year old who lives with his grandma. He loves to spend his time online in chat rooms talking to chicks. We eventually get to see his online girlfriend later in the movie. Wow!

Life is grand with sideways ponytails and moon boots!

0

Post a Comment

<< Home