Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Non-Smoking

I am so glad that Columbus has recently passed the smoking ban. I love being able to walk into a restaurant without being asked, "Smoking or non?". I also love being able to sit anywhere in the restaurant without having breathe in smoke. But, I guess not all people are aware of this new ban.

My sis and I went to a non-smoking restaurant the other night. It was really busy so we sat at a booth across from the bar. We were having a great time when my sis and I smelled smoke. We looked around and saw a woman across from us just puffing away at a cigarette! The woman didn't hear my sis yelling at her to put it out, but she heard the bar tender.

Here's the thing. There was not an ash tray in sight. Some restaurants even have signs on the door saying that it is non-smoking. This ban has been in affect for a few weeks now...so where has this woman been? I hope she was just from out of town.

Life is grand people!

1
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

When I quit smoking almost 23 yrs ago, I was smoking almost 3 packs a day. I quit when I was pregnant with my youngest and never started back up. My husband quit when he had his first heart attack at 38 in 1996. You never realize how much it really stinks until you both quit.

February 27, 2005 8:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home