Life is Grand!!!

Monday, April 18, 2005

Miss Independent

Here's the thing...I don't like asking people for help. This Friday I go in for my dye test. I know that it can be painful and that I should have someone drop me off and pick me up. But, I would love to be able to take care of myself and not have to rely on someone else to help me.

What if I have someone pick me up but I am actually able to drive? I would feel horrible for having that person come out of their way to pick my butt up. I don't want to waste anyone's time.

I know that my hubby is worried about this Friday. He really wants me to get a ride to the hospital. His grandparents have even offered, but I haven't given them a definitely response yet. I just don't want to inconvenience them. They are already watching my son for me. But like I said, my hubby is worried. He has even called up the grandparents(without telling me) to make sure that they will take care of me.

I just want to be able to take care of myself. I am not one to complain about pain and I am a fast healer. I want to be able to do this myself. But, I think I need to get over my stubbornness and just relent to having a chauffeur for the day. I guess life is grand that way.

2
Blogger loelsh said...

You shouldn't feel bad about asking them to drive you. Sometimes we just need to ask for help even if we don't want to. No shame in that. If you need me to help with anything, just ask.

April 19, 2005 12:50 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for offering to help.

I have actually been reading up on the HSG test and about women who have had to go through the it. Most of them were able to drive themselves home afterward(as long as they took some Advil before hand). I think I might ask the grandparents to keep the boy at their house and I will drive myself home a take a nap. I guess it all depends on how I am feeling afterward.

April 19, 2005 1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home