Life is Grand!!!

Monday, April 11, 2005

Busy, Busy

The hubby and I had a very busy weekend! After sleeping in till 11(I love it when it's my weekend to sleep in!!!), I finally got myself out of my warm bed. I got dressed in some grubbies and headed outside to mow the grass. I just love to mow...really! It's great exercise and I love looking back over my work and feeling a great sense of accomplishment.

After mowing, my hubby and I decided to set up our new trampoline. I bought one during the day after Thanksgiving sale last year. So, my hubby and I had to store it plus the safety enclosure net for over 4 months. It was worth it because of the $80 we saved compared to the prices trampolines are now.

Anyway, we spent less then an hour setting up the trampoline just to spend the next several hours putting up the net. It was hard work!!! The instructions were very complicated and we had to have everything just so.

Four hours later our trampoline was complete. We let our boy jump for a little while before our hunger got the best of us. Since we worked right through lunch, we were starving...and very sun burnt. My hubby's neck is bright red. The back of my knees, part of my face, and my arms are also bright red. It could have been a lot worse, but fortunately we wore hats all day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After getting up too late for church the next day, the hubby and I decided that the house needed some work...so the spring cleaning began. He tackled the dusting and sweeping while I cleaned the master bath and the kitchen. I even cleaned on top of the fridge and the trash can! Then, while I was organizing my bedroom and swapping out winter cloths for summer, my hubby worked on the yard and the drive way. He and a friend are sealing it this week.

We had another long day that didn't include lunch again. The hubby and I finally had to stop around 7:30 to get some dinner and some more storage tubs. We ended up buying four tubs and I filling three and a half of them! Talk about a lot of stuff!!!

Ahhhh, we were so tired last night. But, we both felt great knowing that we got so much accomplished over the weekend. Life can be so grand that way!

4
Blogger Robin said...

I love weekends like this!

April 11, 2005 4:11 PM

 
Blogger Father of 3 said...

Trinity...do you reccomend the trampoline? We've thought sbout it often. Never mind, don't even answer...we're gettin' one for the kids. (and Fof3!!)

April 11, 2005 9:30 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Well Fof3 I am going to answer, if that's okay.

I love, love, love trampolines!!! They are so much fun and you actually work out while jumping. There was one summer, when I was a Senior in high school, that I remember losing 30 pounds just by jumping on the trampoline everyday. I was just having too much fun!!!

April 11, 2005 9:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My kids would absolutely LOVE that!

April 11, 2005 10:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home