Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Guys Night In

I got to host guy night last night. They loved the turkey-meatball subs I made for them. And, they also loved the flavor of ice cream I bought-Fried Ice Cream. I had a little of it myself, and I was soooo very good...but very fattening with 220 calories per serving! Then I went into the computer room so that they could have their time together. They used to go out to eat, but that just got to expensive. Instead they go to a different home every week. I get to have them over every third week...and I just love playing hostess.

The group of guys started this up last year right after my mil passed away. My hubby wanted to spend some weekly time with his dad and the night is free to any man who wants to join them. They love getting together, away from the responsibilities of life, and just hanging out.

I want to encourage all you wives out there to also let your hubby's have a guys night out. They work just as hard as we do(most of the time, heehee) and they deserve some time to themselves. I wanted to let my hubby know that I appreciate the time he does spend with me by letting him out of the house once a week. In return I get a happy hubby and it makes the time we do spend together more enjoyable.

He has to get up early every morning, drive himself to a crappy job, do manuel labor, drive home in traffic, and spend time with the family in the evening. I actually force him out of the house so that he can have a break. He does so much for our family that he needs some time for himself. That way he doesn't get burned out.

I think he loves it that I let him go out once a week by himself. He also loves it that I don't hassle him about it. I want him to have a good time with no concerns about staying out to late or being with his friends.

Life is grand for my hubby with guys night!

5
Blogger loelsh said...

I agree. We all need time "away". Too bad my hubby has school until 9:48pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, or he could join them on guy's night. Of course then I could only hope that I could have a girl's night out as well.

April 06, 2005 4:50 PM

 
Blogger G said...

Aaaaaw Honey! You're so sweet, you're gonna give me high blood sugar! I really, really, really DO appreciate you giving me the opportunity to do the guys night thing. I must say that I think I enjoy the nights in with your cooking much better than going out. Thank you for that wonderful post. It almost made me tear up. You're simply wonderful!!!

April 06, 2005 5:03 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Yes Lo, you need a night to yourself. I get to have Monday nights all to myself! It's really great to get out and have my hubby watch the boy for me. That is why I love having him go out to. It's only fair you know.

Why couldn't your hubby go out on a non-school night? He doesn't have to join my hubby to have a guy night out.

April 06, 2005 6:02 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

He is more than welcome to go out any night he wants to. Right now, however, his schedule is very full between work and school, that he chooses to not take the extra time away from the family and he is also usually tired in the evenings. It is by no means because I don't want him to go out. Every time he says he wants to go out with the guys or whatever, I encourage him to go. It is completely up to him when he wants to go out.

April 06, 2005 6:48 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

My schedule is very full right now, but we might have to try and set something up for ourselves, since you make it sound so fun.

We couldn't each have a day, though, my schedule is far too busy for that. What we might have to try is having one day and trading off weeks instead of days.

At least until summer, when I probably won't be taking classes.

April 07, 2005 6:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home