Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

No Mommy's Night

I decided to stay home last night instead of going out and doing my mommy thing. Because my hubby and I are short on funds right now, I didn't want to waste any money by going out. When I do get out on Mondays, I usually go to one or two clothing stores(to look for my $1 deals) and then Meijer for groceries. But I figured that if I didn't go out I would be saving us money. We have enough food to last us through the month so there was really no need for me to shop. When we do have funds available, I always get items that are on sale that week(at Meijer) whether we need them or not. That way when we don't have any extra money, I don't have to worry about it since I am stocked up.

So, I stayed home with the family last night. I made a quick 20 minute meal of turkey, mashing potatoes and gravy, corn, peas, and lemon poppy seed muffins. My hubby was in heaven! He was talking about how the meal was almost better than sex. Almost! He wondered how pleasurable it would be to eat a meal like that while having sex. That's when he went into a state of blissful thought. Crazy guy!

After dinner I was able to go out and mow. I wanted to over the weekend, but the ground was way to wet with all the SNOW! So I did my thing outside(and it's a good thing too since it's raining today) while my hubby fixed our bathroom sink drains inside with our son. They had a great time together.

I was actually able to jump a little last night on the trampoline(after mowing of course). It was a little cold, but after a minute of intense jumping, I was feeling the heat! I stayed on for about 20 minutes to build up a good sweat...and all the while I was having fun! How great is that?

After my workout, I was finally able to take a shower and get cleaned up. The rest of the night was spent on the couch with the family. My son and I cuddled under a warm blanket as my hubby was our foot cushion.

Life is grand!

3
Blogger Robin said...

Snow?!? I thought it was bad out here! Your night sounds like it was wonderful! :) I'm happy for you.

April 27, 2005 10:20 AM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

I am glad you had such a nice evening.

April 27, 2005 1:50 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like time well spent with the fam.
;-)

April 28, 2005 11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home