Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, May 26, 2005

A Fall

Earlier tonight my mom, son, and I meet my sis for dinner. My sis usually gets to pick(for some strange reason) and tonight her pick was Applebee's. (She loves expensive sit down restaurants...gotta love her!) Anyway, my mom ended up tripping on the way to the table. She fell really hard on her bad knee and on her hand(trying to catch herself). I could tell she was in pain since she didn't immediately get up. And, I knew she was fighting back the tears. My heart went out to her as I helped her up off the floor.

She was definitely shaken by the incident and was trying to laugh it off...but her fall wasn't the worst part. The worst part was the fact that my sis couldn't stop laughing. I mean, she didn't even ask mom if she was okay. I was so concerned about the fall that I was almost in tears and then for my sister to laugh about it?!

Maybe I don't have a sense of humor. I don't know. Should I have laughed it off like it was no big deal? Is it wrong of me to think that my sis was behaving like(excuse my french) an ass?

Ahhh, the world may never know.

7
Blogger loelsh said...

No, I don't think you should have laughed. Besides the fact that she was hurt, I'm sure she was embarrassed as there was probably a restaurant full of people and having someone laugh at you when you are embarrassed would only serve to make you feel worse. I personally don't think it had anything to do with not having a sense of humor, but more of having some maturity. Maybe your sis was embarrassed too and laughing was her way of covering it up?

May 26, 2005 9:51 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

When I worked downtown at the bank, there were two ladies who were great friends. (Michele and Teresa) One day, one of them fell and the other one laughed and laughed and never asked if the other was all right.

Their friendship went downhill after that, when the one realized the signs that the other didn't care as much as she had thought.

They can hardly stand each other now.

The way I see it, there is NO REASON not to ask if someone is all right and help, even if you are laughing the whole time. Obviously not laughing would be the preferred thing, but there is no excuse for no manners.

Just my 2 cents.

May 26, 2005 10:08 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

My sister in law is like that. She asks if you are ok but she is laughing the whole time.

Some people laugh when they are stressed out. I used to when I got in an arguement or something like that. It wasn't cuz it was funny but because I was nervous. Could this be the deal with your sis?

Sorry. I have a habit of trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

I hope your mom is ok.

May 27, 2005 12:48 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

As far as I could tell, my sis wasn't embarrassed, nervous, or stressed out. She was just amused. She found the incident quite funny.

I would have been okay with her laughing(a little) after making sure my mom was okay. But instead my sis would not calm down! She just kept on laughing(so hard) to the point of crying.

Mom is feeling better today, but is starting to bruise.(Thanks for asking everyone.)

May 27, 2005 10:15 AM

 
Blogger Matt said...

trin

I am sorry to hear about your mom. and im glad shes not seriously hurt.

people who laugh at stuff like that its in piss poor taste. makes me question the kind of person some one is, to be laughing at someone elses pain an hardship.

thats just me though i mean no dissrespect of corse

best wishes to u and your mom :)

*goes to update his own blog*

May 28, 2005 6:34 PM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

Trinity,
I am sorry about your Mom's accident. I am glad she is ok. It must of hurt her terribly to hear your sister laughing so hard.

May 28, 2005 6:43 PM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

May 28, 2005 6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home