Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Date Night

My dad called me up last week wanting to get together to see Star Wars this week. Since he works third shift, he was not able to see the movie with the rest of us. So anyway, he calls me up trying to put something together tonight for my sis, him, and myself. We decide to meet for dinner before the 7 pm showing of the movie. But here's the thing...he says, "You're paying for me, right?" and he is serious. I got the impression last week that this was supposed to be his treat. But no...I'm going out on a date with my dad and I'm paying.

Ya know what though, I don't mind. I don't have a lot of extra money, but I'm a big girl who can take care of her dad. I refuse to be like my sis and try to get every handout possible. She is always getting paid for.

So, I'm paying because my dad says that he doesn't have any money. He always tells us this and it's not true. He likes to keep his checking account balance above a certain amount($250) and when he goes even a dollar under this, he's poor.

Gotta love him!!!

2
Blogger Robin said...

Ah parents! Glad to hear you've got a date with your dad and sis. My dad took me on a date a few months ago. It was the first time in 36 years and I loved it.

May 25, 2005 9:43 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Ahhh, he was not joking. That's just the way he is. But he did "pay" for the movie with a GC that he had.

We did have a fun time. And the movie was even better the second time around. I would love to go see it one more time in the theater.

And yes, you are my favorite Jennifer!

May 25, 2005 11:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home