Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Big Night

Since I was so excited about Stars Wars finally coming out, I decided to dress up to celebrate the occasion. I parted my hair, made a cinnamon roll on each side of my head, dressed in a white princess type dress, and carried a blaster. Princess Leia I was.

I got ready at my mom's house, and she even took a few pictures of me. If I'm able to get them from her, I will do a side by side comparison of myself and the actual Princess Leia.

After dressing up, my sis and I headed over to the movie theater to meet the rest of our group. The theater wasn't very crowded...we hoped it wouldn't be since the theater isn't EVER busy! Even with a Star Wars premier, the theater only had the movie in two theaters and neither one was sold out.

I was a little disappointed by only seeing two others who dressed up...and both of them were Vaders. But, I quickly got over it as the movie started.

Over all, I really enjoyed the movie. I think there was too much CGI, but I loved all the actions scenes. This movie is my favorite out of the first three episodes...but I can't say that it is my favorite over all(6). I loved episodes 4-6 because it relied more on the story than the special effects. Although, I have a love-hate relationship with CGI Yoda. I love the puppet look, but the computerized version kicks some serious butt!!! Yoda's fight scene was my favorite part of the two and a half hour movie.

I would def recommend this movie! But beware, unlike the other 5 SW's films, it is not rated PG. It is rated PG13 because of all the violence...and Vader gore. So you might want to think twice about taking the kiddies.

Btw, life is grand with Star Wars!!!

3
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I know tons a people dressed up at more popular theaters...it was that way for ep 2 and even the news showed dressed up people.

May 19, 2005 3:20 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

There were over 4000 people at the theater that the news showed...so I'm glad we went to an unpopular theater.

May 19, 2005 3:35 PM

 
Blogger Matt said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :)

this was the first time i got to see an star wars film while the fans were still dressing up. an awsome experience it was :)

you make a vary good princess leia. i think people who dress up are so cool though some may call us geeks and such at least we know how to have fun and and be creative :)

May 23, 2005 3:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home