Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

What's Up?

Recently my son has been getting scared while watching his favorite movies and shows. I'm not sure what has started this. One second he is sitting watching the boob tube and the next he is screaming and crying for me to pick him up. He tells me the the show is too scary. He even did this during the Backyardigans this morning.

What is up with this? Is it just a phase. Are there any other parents out in blogworld that have also gone through this with their three year old?

4
Blogger Pete said...

It wasn't quite like that, but I remember when EE used to come running in to a room going "I cay-ood, I cay-ood" and we would say why and she would say "Mamaw Papaw Waypoo".

That was at two, I think. The grandparents in question were never around when it happened, and we have no idea WHY it happened or WHY it stopped.

Kids.

May 11, 2005 8:42 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

Has there been any big changes around your house recently. My nephew suddenly started being scared by anything and everything. A counselor told her that big changes in their surroundings could make this happen.

May 13, 2005 12:24 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Ummmm...he is in the process of being potty trained. And I have watched a three month old for the past few weeks. Maybe that's it.

Thanks for the insight OGO.

May 13, 2005 1:12 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

that is also a very common age for kids to realize what fear is. for most kids the ridiculous fears pass and your just stuck with some of the normal ones like ~ the dark or stuff like that. all of my kido's have gone through it.

May 14, 2005 10:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home