Life is Grand!!!

Monday, May 09, 2005

My Mother's Day

Over all, I enjoyed my Mother's Day, even with an extra little one. The red-head was dropped off at 7:30 and stayed with us all day(since his mom was schedule to have her baby).

I had a hard time picking out my outfit for the day. Everything I have is either too big or it shows off my belly fat. So I decided on a pair of pants that shows off my fat with a shirt and jacket that were both too big. It worked.

The four of us headed off to my parents church. I felt very uneasy leaving my newly potty trained son in a class of 10 other kids. Because of this, my hubby and I didn't sit with my mom, but instead we sat at the back of the church. That way my hubby could go check on the boy during the service.

The boy made it through with dry pants(thank the Lord!) and then the family(my mom, dad, sis, bro, hubby, son, r-h, and I) went to the Grand Host East for lunch. You could only get in this place with reservations and it was a bit pricey...but it's what my mom wanted.

The food was really good and it was all served buffet style. They had a breakfast bar, meat table, make your own omelet section, and a dessert table. I didn't eat much of the breakfast food, but I did have some fruit, lemon poppy bread, mashed potatoes, some chicken, prime rib, and an omelet. Then I finished off with some very yummy mint chocolate pie(which I am going to try to make in the near future).

After eating, it was gift time. My hubby and boy got me two Carpenter's CD's. I just adore this group! My parents got me scrapbooking supplies, and my sis gave my three yellow roses. I loved it all!

We went to my parents house right after eating(and taking my son to go potty). The boys got to play for a little bit before it was time to head off to my hubby's grandma's house. We got her a little something for Mother's Day and we thought it would be nice to spend some time with her and granddad.

We ended up staying for a few hours and my hubby was put to work.(but she gave me this really nice coffee container with coffee mix inside). He took down and hung up several things for the wall. We didn't get home till after 7.

My brother called my up around 7:15 wanting to take me out to the movies! It was are own little date with him paying my way to see Kingdom of Heaven-good movie, but too much talk, not enough action.

So, over all it was a good, but long day.

Blogger Oh great One said...

Sounds busy! I'm glad you had such a great day.

May 09, 2005 11:19 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home