Life is Grand!!!

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Somewhat Relaxing

Finally, my week has slowed down. I went to the autistic boy's house this morning. And I thank God that he didn't have any melt-downs(thanks for all your prayers concerning him)! He actually took a nap for me! He hasn't done that in months(while I've watched him).

My bite mark is looking a little redder today(and has scabbed up). It is quite sore and will probably bruise up. But, it's my fault that I got it in the first place. I should have moved faster. There could have been some way for me to get out of the way of his teeth. I'll know better next time he comes after me.

On a side note, we spent Wednesday evening at my parents house. It was my mom's birthday and she wanted to have burgers, corn on the cob, and watermelon. So, I sliced up a melon, baked some muffins, and headed over to her house. I cooked up the corn and the potato crowns, sent my dad out to grill the burgers, and set the table....and included a seat for my sister's guy. This was his first dinner with the parents. I think it went pretty well, but her guy was quiet. Usually he is cracking jokes right along with my hubby, but not that night. But, I guess that is understandable seeing as though it was the first time he had a "conversation" with my dad.

Btw, I found some awesome deals at Walmart last night!!! They had not one, but THREE $1 racks!!! Ah, I was in clearance shopping heaven! They had two piece boy outfits, swimming trunks, shirts, and girl shorts all for only $1! Those kinds of deals make my week!

Ahhh, life is grand with $1 sales!!!

3
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Great to know everything was more peaceful for you.

Walmart gave you somr great $1 deals there. BTW, over here in England, Walmart exist as they bought the ASDA supermarket chain.

July 30, 2005 9:46 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe I just dont know much about autistic children, but I cant believe you were bitten! What do you do in that type of situation? Are the parents aware? Surely, its not just part of the job description??

July 30, 2005 8:29 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Well, when the boy gets upset(and he has good and bad months), he tries to bite, kick, and hit himself and everyone around him. I am used to this and can usually avoid getting hurt. Like I said, I just wasn't fast enough on Thursday.

His mom knows about my bite and is also healing from a bite that the boy gave her a few weeks ago.

I def knew what I was getting into. The boy wasn't as bad then as he is now, but I am now used to it. I really do love and care for him, so I will be with him through his ups and downs.

July 30, 2005 11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home