Life is Grand!!!

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Another Long Fun Day at Sea

Well, this is the last full day of my cruise. I will be very excited about coming home. Thanks again to guru for posting my drafts. I appreciate it.

I love coming home from vacations. It's great to get away, but coming back home is the best! If I could, I would spend my vacations entirely in the comfort of my own home. I would get thing done around the house and then I would lounge all day.

Saying that, I have a certain similarity with the main character, Peter, in the movie Office Space.

Peter Gibbons: Our high school guidance counselor used to ask us what you'd do if you had a million dollars and you didn't have to work. And invariably what you'd say was supposed to be your career. So, if you wanted to fix old cars you're supposed to be an auto mechanic.
Samir: So what did you say?
Peter Gibbons: I never had an answer. I guess that's why I'm working at Initech.
Michael Bolton: That question is bullsh*t to begin with. If everyone listened to her, there'd be no janitors, because no one would clean sh*t up if they had a million dollars.

Peter Gibbons: What would you do if you had a million dollars?
Lawrence: I'll tell you what I'd do, man, two chicks at the same time, man.
Peter Gibbons: That's it? If you had a million dollars, you'd do two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Damn straight. I always wanted to do that, man. And I think if I had a million dollars I could hook that up, cause chicks dig a dude with money.
Peter Gibbons: Well, not all chicks.
Lawrence: Well the kind of chicks that'd double up on me do.
Peter Gibbons: Good point.
Lawrence: What about you, what would you do?
Peter Gibbons: Besides two chicks at the same time?
Lawrence: Well yeah.
Peter Gibbons: Nothing.
Lawrence: Nothing, huh?
Peter Gibbons: I'd relax, sit on my a** all day, I would do nothing.
Lawrence: Well you don't need a million dollars to do nothing, man. Just take a look at my cousin, he's broke, don't do sh*t.

I feel the same way as Peter. I wouldn't do anything. I would sit around on my cute butt and do nothing all day. How would you answer his question?

1
Blogger Pete said...

I think that I wouldn't really want to go anywhere if I had that much money. But, I like working. I think that I could continue to do my current job, because I love it so much.

But, maybe I would have the stones to go and do what I said that I would in that situation, and that is play baseball.

My plan would be to hire a trainer, get in shape, and hire a baseball coach to hone my skills. Then, because I was rich, I could play at any old level and just love playing the game.

October 17, 2004 8:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home