Life is Grand!!!

Monday, October 18, 2004

Home At Last

It feels so good to be home. It's nice to get away and not have any responsibilities for a week, but I missed my family and my home.

We didn't get back home last night till 1 am because our flight left an hour late. I dozed for about 5 hours and then I was up at 6:30 this morning because of the other two boys I watch during the week. One of them was here at 7 and the other at 8. I am so sleepy and not just because of lack of sleep, but because I have been unloading suitcases and doing laundry all day. Also, my sis made a mess while staying at my house, so I had to do her dirty dishes, clean the bathrooms, and pick up my son's toys that were left all over the house. Is it bedtime yet?

Anyway, the cruise was pretty good, for the most part. St. Thomas had the great tour, Dominica had the bargain shopping and the waterfalls, Barbados had a great beach, but my favorite island was Aruba. It was beautiful! The island was very well kept unlike nasty Dominica. My mom and I also had an excursion on this island, but that is another blog.

Oh, in case you were wondering, I did have a little bit of alcohol while on the ship. I had tomato soup with Rum in it, cherries jubilee with Cherry Brandy, and fresh fruit soaked in Peach Schnapps. All three were very good, but I don't plan on ordering anything else cooked or made with liquor now that I am back home.

While I am thinking about food, I also tried cold mango soup, ate duckling, and enjoyed an entire quail. Sound good?

Life is now back to the normal daily grand.

0

Post a Comment

<< Home