Life is Grand!!!

Friday, October 08, 2004

L Is For Loser



Can anyone tell me why people take offense to things so easily? The USA Gymnastics president is offended by the new shirt put out by Abercrombie & Fitch. He says that "No one should be deemed a loser." I admit, the bright green shirt does not appeal to me and I don't find the slogan funny, but come on people, it's just a shirt.

Some people think the company stirs trouble on purpose just for publicity. They can't seem to find enough rich customers to buy their $24.50 t-shirts. They have to mix in some controversy to bring in the business of middle and lower class America.

What will probably happen is that the company will eventually remove the shirt from stores because of the complaints. They did just that in 2002 with another shirt. The shirt had a picture of two Asian men with the slogan, "Wong Brothers Laundry Service -- Two Wongs Can Make it White." Now that's funny!

Either way, this new shirt doesn't draw me into the store. It's against my religion to spend to much on clothing. I will never set foot in Abercrombie & Fitch store, so deal with it people!

If you want to read all about this controversy, click here!

1
Blogger Pete said...

I, too think that the Two Wongs Can Make it White is funny. Its probably because I am part of the white racist power structure as Chad (http://thedahc.blogspot.com/) would say.

October 08, 2004 10:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home