Life is Grand!!!

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Last Minute Preparations

Today is going to be a busy day. I have to do last minute shopping and cleaning. I always like to clean the house right before any vacation because I like coming home to that same clean house. It might not be the case this time since my sis is staying at my home for the week. She is definitely not known for picking up after herself. But, I can't complain to much since she is watching my son for a few days and my kitty all week.

After I run the dish washer, do the last load of laundry, and dust and sweep the house, I can start packing. Oh course, I have to stop what I am doing as soon as the Buckeye game comes on. I hope they win today. I will be making pigs in a blanket for half time, as requested by my father-in-law. We will also have pizza rolls, fries, and no bakes with ice cream. Yum!

Right after the game, it's back to packing. I have to pack a week's worth of clothes and diapers for my son and then I have to pack for my hubby since he doesn't do it right. He doesn't use packing common sense and I can get so much more in the bags if I do it. I guess it's just me being a control freak. I also have to load the bags in the car since only I and my dad know how to accomplish this perfectly. He taught me the best technique in the world. That's right, I said in the world!

When I am done packing, I will drop my son off to my sister. There is no point in waking him up at 5 in the morning just to drop him off to her. She might as well keep him over night so he can get a good night sleep unlike his mommy. I know I will be up late because I will be so stressed out. I always worry about if I packed everything and about my family being safe. Tonight will be no different. Oh well, life is grand.


1
Blogger loelsh said...

I'm with you, men do NOT know how to pack. I also have to pack for my entire family if we are going out of town. Even when hubby has gone away on business trips I have packed for him. Of course, what the suitcase looks like when he comes home is a completely different story. I also love coming home to an already clean house. That is one less thing you have to worry about when you get home since you already have to unpack and do laundry from the trip (my least favorite part of vacation!). So a clean house is relaxing after a long trip, I agree.

October 09, 2004 11:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home