Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, October 03, 2004

Up and Coming Cruise

If you had the option to trade in your mother's day, father's day, b-day, anniversary, and Christmas gifts for a cruise, would you? My mom asked me that very question. My hubby was all for it so we told my mother yes, we would love to. We are leaving in one week, but I still have my reservations. First off I would not be able to take my two year old son. If he came, I would have to try to entertain him, so he is staying with relatives. I will miss him dearly. Second, I don't do well flying when food is involved. I always get in trouble when I eat breakfast or a morning snack on a flight. Both times I didn't make it to the toilet in time. I know I don't do well flying, but then I have to get on a boat for a week! Just being a on boat is enough for me but then you have to add the choppy water caused by all the hurricanes in the past few months. I hope I can last the week without any tossing of cookies.

I am still not very excited about the up and coming trip. Don't get me wrong, it will be great to get away for an entire week and not have to be responsible for any little ones. But, I usually don't get overly excited about anything. For example, sometimes it hits me that I am actually driving in my own car. I'm like, Wow, I'm driving!!-and then the moment is gone. Also, each year when I was growing up, I wanted a particular toy for Christmas. When I got it, I didn't jump up and down and shout my appreciation. I merely said thank you and started playing with it in a corner. I never get extremely emotional when I am happy. I never jump around, scream with glee, or get giddy. I could have never been a cheerleader!

I know I should be excited, but that is just not who I am. Maybe a person can't get excited about things like they should because they are not an exciting person. When I think about it, I can be a pretty dull person. I must be a bore to talk to. Oh well, life is grand.


1
Blogger G said...

Sorry to hear you're having reservations about the cruise. Don't worry, the boy will be just fine. Go enjoy yourself! An opportunity like this doesn't come around very often and I'll miss the little guy just as much as you.
You can have the aisle seat on the plane, just in case you begin to feel queasy. It's true, the boat/ship experience is gonna be new for both of us and I've had concerns about how the weather is going to affect things too. It would stink to be hurling the whole time. We definitely want to take some ginger pills.
I've seen you get excited about things, but different people show their excitement in different ways. You're definitely not dull just because you aren't bouncing off the walls when something good happens.

October 03, 2004 8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home