Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Wasted Toilet Paper

Warning: What you are about to read may shock you. Use extreme caution when dealing with this news. Content may be harmful if viewed. If you are allergic to gripes about ghraper, please discontinue reading.

Yes, it's true. I have a gripe against my hubby. He is well aware of this gripe and he is cool with me blogging about it. It's about his use of toilet paper. It might be silly of me to be upset over wasted paper, but if he would use it like a normal person, we would save millions of dollars a year in toilet paper costs. Whether it's going to the bathroom or blowing his nose, he seems to use massive amounts of paper. Blowing your nose should take two squares, but he uses at least eight every time. Instead of getting the snot out like a normal person, he twists up half the paper and shoves it up his nose hoping to snag something. If he would just wrap the paper around his finger and then pick, he would save not only paper, but time and energy. I can't seem to get this through his head.

Then there is his use for potty time. Anything more than four squares to wipe is just wasteful. Wasteful must be his middle name because he hits the paper, watches the first square hit the ground, and then tears that section from the roll. He then rolls, not folds, that piece into a ball and attempts to use a quarter of the available paper. He does this at least five times per bathroom use. We go through a roll a day. Crazy! Crazy, I tell ya!

I have talked to him about this waste of paper. His excuse stinks like, yup you guessed it, poop. He said growing up his dad would only let him and loelsh use a certain amount. They had to use four squares, then hold them in half, fold in half again, and fold in half for a fourth time. My hubby said now that he is out of his dad's house, he wants to use as much paper as he can. Okay, let me get this straight. When he was living with his parents, it was not okay to waste money on buying toilet paper, but now that he is buying his own paper, out of his pocket, it is okay to waste as much as he wants?

Am I just being insensitive to his toilet paper needs? Do I need to just shut my pie hole and let him use as much as he wants because this is his house? Does anyone out there agree with me? Please let me know if I am going crazy over paper. Life is so grand.

2
Blogger loelsh said...

LOL!!! I'm sorry, but I must agree with "G" on the twisting of paper to stick up the nostril. If you do it right, you can get it much farther up your nose than by merely putting the paper over your finger. Your finger will only go up so far. Sometimes those pesky boogers like to stick way up in there and there's no blowing them out. Ya just gotta twist, stick and pull!!

September 29, 2004 9:59 PM

 
Blogger G said...

Wiping is the last thing I want to do "half-a**ed".

September 29, 2004 11:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home