Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, November 07, 2004

Church Shopping

My hubby and I tried a new church this morning called Sycamore Creek Church. I really don't want to go back, but we will probably go one more week. My son enjoyed himself in the toddler room even though I was ready to go half way through the service. The music was decent, not well mixed, but the pastor was terrible. He spoke the congregation like he was speaking to children. He used a crappy four point sermon and didn't even open his Bible. I guess the church has two pastors and we will go back next week to see if the other one will preach.

One thing I really don't like about this church is the fact that they have a meet-n-greet during the service where you go around and shake everyone's hand. I think this should be done either before or after the service. There shouldn't be an interruption of talking to your neighbors during the worship time. It cuts the through the flow of the service and it makes the visitors feel uncomfortable. It just doesn't make sense to me? Why do it, really?

I really hope we find a church home soon. I would love to be someplace before Christmas, but I am not going to be stressed out about it. If God has a place in mind for my family, I would love to know where. Oh well, life is grand.

0

Post a Comment

<< Home