Life is Grand!!!

Monday, December 06, 2004

My Great Grandma

I just found out that my last great grandma died about two hours ago. I think she was 95. She has been living in a nursing home for quite some time now. She was having memory problems and she was bed ridden. I will miss her, but I know she is in a better place now since she had an intimate relationship with the Lord.

I remember visiting her in Pennsylvania when she was still living in her home. She would make my family some of her famous pierogies while talking to us in Czechoslovakian. When she was speaking to us in English, I found her accent so intriguing. I could listen to her talk for hours.



I don't think I will be able to make it to the funeral since I have the boys all week. I would have liked to have been there to support my grandma at this trying time for her. My grandma knew that her mother would pass any day, it's just dealing with the death when it comes. She is in my constant prayers and I would love for any of you reading this to also pray for her. Thank you.


3
Blogger Pete said...

If you want to go to the funeral, I and/or Lora could come over and watch the kids for a few hours. No big deal. You've done it for us a thousand times. Let us know. I MEAN IT!

December 06, 2004 4:03 PM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

My prayers are with you and your loved ones.

December 06, 2004 8:42 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Hey, thanks for offering to take the kids for a few hours Guru. The only problem is that it would take a few hours just to get there. Watching my kids would be an all day thing. Plus, you wouldn't be able to watch my autistic boy for me.

But, thanks for offering. That was very kind of you and your wife.

December 06, 2004 9:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home