Life is Grand!!!

Friday, March 04, 2005

My Poor Baby!

My hubby and I ended up spending a few hours in the emergency room last night. While I was watching the autistic boy, my hubby and boy were spending time at my mom's house. (She loves feeding them!) While playing in the basement, my son tripped over something(maybe his own feet) and smacked his head on either a chair or the corner of the couch. The skin split open and started bleeding!

My pale(or so I heard) hubby called me up and told me to get to the emergency room as soon as possible. After I got there, we ended up waiting for over 90 minutes to see someone...all the while my son's head was still bleeding. We would wipe his brow every few minutes while he played quietly with a toy.

We were finally called back to a room where a doctor told us that my son needed stitches. I had to hold my baby down while keeping this numbing liquid on his eyebrow. This sticky stuff couldn't get near his eye, but had to stay on the eyebrow gash for over 40 minutes. My son ended up falling asleep in my arms.

After the sore was numb, the nurse brought in what is called a papoose board. He really didn't fit into it, so my hubby and I had to hold down the boy's arms. This is when I lost it. My son couldn't move, I couldn't hold him, and some doctor was stitching his way in my boy's eyebrow...so I cried along with my son. Poor baby...I mean big boy.

Well, we finally got out of there with 7 new stitches in my boy's head. He ended up sleeping in my bed because I wanted to elevate his head. He woke up today a happy boy and now he is playing with the red head...so I take it that he is feeling better.

Life is grand with a hurt boy.

4
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my goodness! poor baby (big boy) my son did something similar years back - around the same age - and the emerency room thing sucked. Hugs to the boy!

March 04, 2005 1:00 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Awe, poor little man! Give him smooches from aunt Lolo. I would have lost it too, I have a hard enough time holding the kids still to get their shots, let alone stitches. That would be hard! How did G handle that? Did he make it through without passing out? :)

March 04, 2005 2:41 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

G watched the whole thing!...I think. I really can't say for sure since I had my head down trying not to watch.

March 04, 2005 4:19 PM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

Poor little one and poor Mon and Dad too. It is scary for all.

March 04, 2005 7:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home