Life is Grand!!!

Friday, April 29, 2005

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy(H2G2)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Synopsis:
Earthman Arthur Dent is having a very bad day. His house is about to be bulldozed, he discovers that his best friend is an alien and to top things off, Planet Earth is about to be demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Arthur's only chance for survival: hitch a ride on a passing spacecraft. Arthur sets out on a journey in which he finds that nothing is as it seems, but everything he needs to know can be found in one book: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.


H2G2 comes out in theaters today. The previews for this movie look amazing! I am very curious to see how similar it is to the book. However, I read on a site about how film makers added characters to the movie.(Like there weren't enough characters to begin with).

The book was very...what's the word...interesting. There were quite a few weird parts along with some laugh out loud humor. All in all, I liked the book. The only thing I didn't like was that evolution is all throughout the book. It took me forever to get past the first 100 pages because of all the evolving from monkeys talk. Every time it was mentioned, I had to put the book down. But, I was able to finish the remaining 732 pages in less then a week.

After finishing the book, I wanted more. The ending just didn't do it for me. As I closed the book I felt like I wasted my time reading it for an ending like that. But, over all it was a good book...if you like science fiction.

What should we fans expect?
We should expect a movie that quite differs from the books, the radio show and the TV show. The script has a new angle to the story, there are new plot elements and even a few new characters. So if you get in line on the day of the premiere and is eager to see a film adaptation of the books/Radio/TV-show, you are most likely bound to become disappointed. The story is mostly reinvented, but rest assured that it's all still Douglas Adams.

2
Blogger Pete said...

"After finishing the book, I wanted more. The ending just didn't do it for me."

That's because the book doesn't stand alone. There are five books in all. The story continues on through all of them.

The story was a radio drama before it was a book, so a vast ocean of story existed before the first book went in to print.

If you enjoyed the book and the movie, I suggest that you read on to the other four.

April 30, 2005 10:42 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I know that the book doesn't stand alone. I'm not a complete moron. I even mentioned in the post that the book was 832 pages(which obviously meant that I read more than the first book).

I read the Complete Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy(all 5 in one) which had a great introduction. In the intro, it told all about the radio show. So, I knew all about it and I still didn't like the ending.

But thank you for that precious little nugget.

May 01, 2005 12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home