Life is Grand!!!

Monday, June 06, 2005

Homeschooling

I have seriously been considering homeschooling my son. I have been thinking about it a lot recently and I think it would be the best thing to do. You see, we don't live in the best school district. It was my hubby's district while growing up and he doesn't want our son to spend even one year in this particular school...and I agree.

We would love to send our son to a private Christian school. I was in one for my high school years and I loved (almost) every minute of it. It would be great if my son could experience this as well. But, it is way to expensive! My hubby and I just don't have any extra $200-300 a month to send our son. We can barely get by on what little we have.

Since we don't plan on moving for another two years, I have been thinking about teaching him(my son) myself. I'm just not sure if I'm up to the task. I know I could, but is this really something that my son could respond to? He is very smart for his age(at least that's what his pediatrician said) and I don't want mess him up for life by teaching him at home.

I just want to be 100% sure on this decision...to have no doubts.

5
Blogger Unknown said...

there are lots of great resourse out there for home schoolers. i actually have quite a bit of stuff in my book marks because at one point i was going to HS justin. unfortunatly he is not a movtivated learner and I dont have the paitence of a saint to work with him with school stuff. for us it just didn't work out.
i can pass on the links i have:
www.letteroftheweek.com
www.preschoolbystorime.com ~ this site was incredible!!!
www.preschooleducation.com
www.californiahomeschool.net ~ i remember them having some good idea's on the site.

anyway... good luck to you both!

June 06, 2005 7:13 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks Nina!!!

June 06, 2005 10:15 AM

 
Blogger Robin said...

I also have tons of bookmarks as I have homeschooled my son for 2 years now. If you would like, send me an email and I will email all the info I have. Incidentally, the first year was great but the second was really hard. I just don't have the follow through that's needed for homeschooling. He's going to private school next year.

June 06, 2005 10:31 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

your welcome! ;-)

June 06, 2005 10:50 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Trinity, I have an e mail friend who has started homeschooling her daughter because she is dissatisfied with the system.

June 06, 2005 3:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home