Life is Grand!!!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Food, Fun, Fireworks(FFF)

Our trip to FFF last night was so much fun! My hubby, son, and I got to the church early to set up our blankets in a perfect spot. My sis and her guy then joined us for a walk down the church's midway. My son and I ended up climbing into an air filled obstacle course! It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I don't weigh any more than I do!

After playing around and watching the ponies(for the kids to ride), the five of us decided to get something to eat. The food was a little(but not much) more than I thought it would be, but we brought along chips and snacks so everyone got full!

A few card games were played as we ate our food and listened to the live band in the background. Then my son and I decided it was time for a stretch and a potty break. After potty time, we spotted a few cool games. He won some prizes and then we played on the church's playground for a little while. Then we found the face painting booth. My son sat down and let the worker paint his face as he watched in the available mirror. He did such a good job of not touching his cheek as the paint dried!

After my son and I got back to the blankets, my sis and I worked on giving out glow-in-the-dark bracelets to all the nearby kids(aren't we so sweet!). This went on till the fireworks started.

Watching the fireworks reminded me of last year's fireworks at a different city. Both this year and last, my hubby and I made a blanket bed, behind a church, and sat on it(with the family) while we watched all the fireworks that cleared the trees at the end of the property.

We had such a wonderful time! It looks like this will be our new family firework tradition.

Life is grand with food, fun, and fireworks!!!

5
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a blast!

July 06, 2005 7:36 AM

 
Blogger Father of 3 said...

Sparkler-burn. Hated it as a kid, still hate it.

July 06, 2005 12:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love times like these...

July 06, 2005 12:49 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Same for me PJ! 4th of July is probably my second fav holiday, right behind Halloween(since I love getting dressed up).

July 06, 2005 1:15 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You know how to have a good time.

July 06, 2005 3:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home