Life is Grand!!!

Monday, June 27, 2005


Our weekend away at the family reunion had a great start. All of us got to the hotel safely(after a 2.5 hour drive), had a good swim in the pool, and then had Pizza Hut for dinner. The next day my father-in-law, niece, son, hubby, and myself all went out to the nearby mall. We caught an early showing of the new movie Herbie(cute, good for kids...little boring in parts, but my son loved the cars) and found some good clothing deals in the large mall. After shopping, we picked the grandparents up and went over to Red Lobster for dinner.

While us young ones were swimming again that night, the grandparents visited with the family and then granddad went back to the room. When my grandma(in-law) went to check on him, he was convulsing and wasn't breathing very well! The ambulance was called and I kept my niece and son at the pool to not worry them. Granddad was taken to the hospital and my hubby, fil, and grandma followed the squad to the local hospital.

The three of them got back to the hotel room hours after I put the kids to sleep. My hubby told me how granddad was still on the ventilator at the hospital, but he was doing much better. The next morning we all had breakfast and then grandma, my fil, and my hubby went back to the hospital. I waited for word from them as I watched tv with the kids in the hotel room. We were finally called and then we headed to the hospital to meet the rest of the family.

Granddad was off the ventilator and was sitting up. He didn't understand what had happened and wasn't even sure where he was. We found out later that the hospital wanted to keep him one more night before transporting him back to Columbus. I decided to go ahead and head back home with the kids(they really didn't need to be there with granddad in that condition). They rest of them stayed one more night in the hotel(but grandma was called back to the hospital to stay with granddad all night-he wasn't doing well with being by himself).

So, granddad is finally back in Columbus in a nearby hospital. My hubby and fil followed the ambulance that transported him as grandma rode with him. They got back around 2 pm yesterday. My son and I went over yesterday to visit with him and to pick my hubby up from the hospital(since he drove grandma's van home).

Granddad is not expected to be released from the hospital at all today, but he almost back to his normal self. He is joking around and smiling again. He should be okay.

It definitely made for an interesting reunion and get-a-way. But I guess life is grand that way!

Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

Glad you are back safe. Sorry to hear that Granddad had a rough weekend.
I will include him in my prayers.

June 27, 2005 1:31 PM

Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thank you. The family appreciates that.

June 27, 2005 4:26 PM

Blogger Oh great One said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope he makes a full recovery.

June 27, 2005 4:43 PM

Blogger ZuphChic said...

Did they ever find the cause for what happened?

Either way, I'm glad he was able to get to the hospital in time and hopefully have a full recovery...keep us posted...

June 27, 2005 7:39 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home