Life is Grand!!!

Friday, June 17, 2005

Long Day

I was up early this morning to go work at the autistic boy's house. I had to be there at 7 to work my 8 hour shift. And let me tell ya, it was not a good time. The boy did all right for most of the morning, but then after his noon meds, he went a little crazy. He started stemming and got violent with me and on himself. He was biting, kicking, hitting, and he would not calm down for anything. He would eventually relax, but it wouldn't last for long. He had several more fits(including one where he broke a glass candle holder...what a mess!) before my shift was over.

This is getting to be an common occurrence when I watch him. But, at least I am getting better with handling it. I know how to work on getting his mind to focus on appropriate tasks. It's a slow process, but we will get through this. And, I hope that when his Stack program(a summer program/type of school for autistic children) starts next week, we will be able to get through a day with no problems.

After my long day, it was nice to relax in the hot tub at the home where my sis is house sitting. She turned on the jets and turned the temp way up! It felt so good to just relax with a few friends. (And thank you G for watching the boy!)

Life is grand after a relaxing few hours in a hot tub!!!

2
Blogger Robin said...

Hot tub is definitely on my long list of wants!

June 17, 2005 3:16 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

A hot tub does sound wonderful about now!

June 17, 2005 4:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home