Life is Grand!!!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Ooops!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Yesterday I was on the way to the movies with my son and my nieces. We were running a little late, so I was speeding. Now mind you, I don't speed as often as I used to. Before I had my son, I was a speedaholic. My foot was made of lead and I always went at least 10 above the limit. I even drag raced at each stop light. I was crazy!

Since I've had my son, my speeding has been cut waaaay down! I am def more cautious since becoming a mom. At the most, I do 10 above...but I don't like to. I like staying right at 5 above the limit.

So anyway, I was going a little fast yesterday (like I said, we were running late and there was no one in front of me in the fast lane). And I guess I didn't realize how fast I was going till I saw a police man pointing his radar right at my car. I looked down and saw that I was doing over 80 (in a 65). Well, he ended up pulling me over.

I had a hard time of pulling out my license and proof of insurance since my hands were shaking. I made sure to mention my wonderful, fabulous, amazing police dad to the officer. The man didn't recognize my dad's name, so I got a little nervous. I wondered what he was going to do as he took my information back to the police car with him.

As it turns out, I didn't get a ticket!!! The officer checked out my dad's name and I got off because of it! The officer gave me a stern warning and I apologized over and over...and included several sirs ("yes sir, no sir"). Ahhh, I love my dad!

I have def learned my lesson (again...heehee!). I know that if I am running late, it doesn't help to speed, get pulled over, and spend more time by the side of the road instead of driving on the road at the speed limit. Make sense?

Tip of the day: Make sure you know the name and badge number of a police officer if you get pulled over. Being prepared only makes life grander!!!

9
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're lucky he let you off, cuz he sures looks like he's ready to write a ticket from the way he's walking up to your car!

August 01, 2005 6:53 AM

 
Blogger Father of 3 said...

I think you taking his pic is the coolest thing I've ever seen!! Now SLOW DOWN!!!!

August 01, 2005 11:30 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Phew! Lucky you, Trinity.

August 01, 2005 3:12 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

i find the sir's to be helpful in getting out of a ticket.

shew to you that you got off!

August 01, 2005 4:23 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you really take the pic as he is walking up to the car?? That is great!!! Go you!

August 01, 2005 4:52 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Okay, I have to come clean. I did not take this pic. I'm not that brave! Heehee!!!

I found the pic in a google image search by typing in speeding ticket! I'm sneaky like that!!!

August 01, 2005 10:13 PM

 
Blogger Father of 3 said...

You ARE sneaky, but clever.

August 02, 2005 10:31 AM

 
Blogger Evan Jones said...

can you post your dad's name and badge number so we can ALL get out of tickets....thanks =)

August 02, 2005 11:03 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Ha! I would love to Evan Jones, but unfortunately, it would only work here in Columbus, Ohio.

August 02, 2005 11:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home