Life is Grand!!!

Monday, September 20, 2004

Like Father, Like Daughter

Let me say this right up front, I love my father. I don't like all the decisions he makes or the advice he gives me, but I love him. Than being said, I have picked up some silly habits of his. Don't get any nasty with this, but he and I always have to be playing with something in our hands. His favorite items are silly putty and legos while I like playing with my clothing or a blanket. If I am sitting down watching a program on TV, I will usually have the draw string of my shirt, the edge of a blanket, or even a toy in my hands. I can't just sit there and enjoy myself unless my hands are busy. At the dinner table, my dad and I both play with something, anything available on the table. Even now as I sit here thinking of the next sentence, I am playing with my ring. I'm crazy!

Another annoying habit I picked up from my father is the B.E.'s head nod. I used to get so irritated talking to him because he would nod his head the entire time. I am not that bad, yet. He also nods his head while watching sports. If there is a good play, he nods his head. I have noticed that I do the same thing. Whenever I go to a sporting event, I nod my head when I am happy with a play. I don't do it as much when I watch sports on TV, good thing, but I am still young.

To the people out there who know me, do you notice these crazy habits of mine? Please leave a comment and tell me what you think. If you didn't realize I did these things, I guarantee the next time you see me, you will notice and be annoyed. Sorry, but life is grand in that way!

2
Blogger G said...

I love the little pieces of your parents that come shining through in you. Everybody has their inherited quirks. I should know.

September 21, 2004 1:08 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

ghraper, don't you mean those "lovely little nuggets" about her? You're slipping. I'm disappointed.

September 27, 2004 8:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home