Life is Grand!!!

Friday, September 17, 2004

A Woman's Oil Change Experience

It used to be that I would take care of the house and my husband would take care of my car. He was supposed to put gas in her, take care of the oil changes and maintenance needs, and wash her. With his up and coming part time business along with a full time job, my hubby doesn't have the time needed to accomplish these responsibilities. I don't blame him though. I would rather him make money then have to worry about my car.

I finally grew up a few years ago and started pumping my own gas. It is only till recently that I have taken care of the oil changes. I have done it twice by myself and each time the workers treat me like a child. I have gone to the same place ever since I could drive. Today three separate workers asked me if I had been there before. I said yes of course. I then took a seat to wait. One of the mechanics approached me with my car's air filter. He got down on his knees to show me how dirty it was but he talked to me in a slow, loud voice. He spoke as though I didn't understand english. I got the vibe that they like to sucker woman into things that they don't need for their car. You wouldn't see him getting on his knees to talk to a male customer. He also wanted to replace three other items that would have rung up to over $90 in charges. I didn't even need two of the items for another 10,000 miles, but he insisted that I should have them replaced that day! He was trying to take me for a fool, but I told him that I would take care of the items personally. Personally meaning that I would ask my husband in person to take care of them for me.

The mechanic went back to work on my car and finished. I paid using a coupon and I was outta there! That's one thing I won't have to worry about for another 3,000 miles or 3 months. Oh well, life is grand!

4
Blogger G said...

sorry

September 16, 2004 11:23 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 17, 2004 6:11 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

G, why are you apologizing? At no point in that entry did she blame you.

As a matter of fact, it seems that all she will be requiring of you is a possible air filter replacement and some other light auto work (in 10000 miles!).

The rant was more against the chauvinist a-holes at the oil change place.

BTW, Trin, I would suggest against going to that place again. Other places have coupons and don't treat women like idiots.

Even more fun would be to stop the guy mid-sentence and point out that he wouldn't talk to a man like that, so he should quit being a chauvinist, stop trying to bilk you for your $$$, and go do what you came to have done, AND NO MORE!!!!

An optional route would be to place your foot in his behind perpendicular to the opening. Your choice. You could even holler out, "Dodge This", as you planted your boot in his anus.

Just a thought.

September 17, 2004 6:12 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thank you guru for your words of wisdom.

I should go to another oil change place! Just because my family has been going to the same place for years, doesn't mean that I have to continue going.

Oh, it wasn't his anus I was thinking of kicking when he was crouching down next to me. Need I say more?

September 17, 2004 8:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home