Life is Grand!!!

Friday, November 26, 2004

I'm A Happy Cook

Wow! I personally think that the turkey was a success! I was so happy with the end result/taste. The meat was falling off the bone and I was able to cut my piece of turkey with a fork. I was a very happy woman with all the positive feedback about the bird. I really felt loved today because the family was filling up my love tank with words of affirmation. I hope that I will have the privilege to prepare the turkey again next year. It was pretty simple and I had fun doing it.

I also think that the stuffing turned out decent too. It was very moist and it had a lot of flavor to it. I really enjoyed my meal today, especially since I also had some absolutely divine sweet potatoes! Who ever made them did a great job! Way to go on the abundance of marshmallows!

Anyone else enjoy their dinner today?


4
Blogger G said...

Personally, I thought it was the bestest, most juiciest white meat ever! For those of us that like dark meat, it was premo as well. The stuffing - divine! I have a new favorite. What with like 3 lbs. of buttery goodness per spoonful, how could you not like it? I had 2 helpings of the caramelized sweet potatoes, one of my favorite T-day dishes. Mmm. The corn was very good. The broccoli caserole was too. I wish the rolls were a little more done and crispy. It's a shame I got so full, and didn't eat more of that turkey though.

November 26, 2004 5:48 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I, too, loved the meal. It was the best Thanksgiving meal that I had had in a long time. The turkey was good, the stuffing was awesome, the corn was good, needless to say... it was ALL GOOD!

Contrary to G, I liked the rolls. I don't know who brought them (G-ma R?), but I personally don't like crispy rolls all that much. I am much more of a doughy roll kind of guy.

It was all so good and I got so full that even though we ate at 2, I didn't eat again the rest of the day.

How's that for a meal?

November 26, 2004 7:21 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Aunt R made the yummy doughy rolls! She told us how to make them and I might give it a try sometime.

November 26, 2004 9:57 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Yes the bird was quite good, thank you. Nice and moist for a change. I also liked the rolls just the way they were. They could not have been any better. The broc. caserole was da bomb as usual. And last but not least, the sweet potatoes were excellent, good job on those whoever made them...oh that's right it was me! Go me!

November 26, 2004 12:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home