Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Another Grandma Story

My crazy grandma is at it again. I hope everyone remembers the Christmas fiasco. Well, this time she called asking for my hubby, son, and myself to come over to her home to celebrate my up and coming b-day. Let me type that again...she wants my family to drive the 40 min to her house to celebrate MY birthday.

She was also asking about what kind of cake I wanted(before I even said that we could come). I told her that the family was on a diet and that we were not eating sweets right now. She told me that her hubby(g-pa) was also on a diet because of his diabetes. His doctor told him that he could splurge once a year- on his birthday. This was the lead in to a wonderful guilt trip about her wanting me to eat cake on my special day.

Okay, first off, if I am going to cheat on my diet, it's not going to be some nasty cake the day before my birthday...with her! If I cheat(on my diet) it will be with people I enjoy being around and I will probably have a mocha moolatte... or a huge hot fudge sunday... or a large chocolate chip cookie...or peanut butter ice cream....mmmmmm. But not cake! I don't even like cake all that much. It's okay, but not worth cheating on my diet to eat it.

Anyway, I am supposed to get back with her to see if the family is available. My hubby has "looked" at our schedule and we are NOT available at this time! He has no desire to drive the 40 min to see her (of all people).

Don't get me wrong, I love my grandma very much. I just wish she loved me back. She doesn't know anything about me or my family. She would rather give guilt trips then to compromise.

Oh well, life is grand that way!

0

Post a Comment

<< Home