Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, January 13, 2005

I Did It!

I went through my Tae Bo tape without stopping! There is a part about 10 minutes in that I can't keep my feet going. I stop for about two seconds to catch my breath and then I am back at it again, feeling the burn. But today was different. I worked through the pain and burning in my legs and finished the tape without a single stop. I felt so great afterward! I will definitely have to try it again tomorrow.

Exercising is grand!


-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Added later by the beautiful Trinity:

All comments in this post are in good fun and should not be taken seriously. Thank you.

19
Blogger G said...

Way to GO!

January 13, 2005 1:32 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Good for you. I am proud. You are well on your way to finishing second place to me! :-)

I have my own "I Did It" to proclaim. Today, I ate salad # 3 in my life, following yesterday's Wendy's Caesar salad at # 2.

January 13, 2005 2:12 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

You're getting to be such a big boy Guru.

Actually, I would hope for it to be little after eating salads.

Btw, I am over 25% done with the challenge of losing 40 pounds. Are you? I don't think so and that is why I am going to win.

January 13, 2005 4:19 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Woo Hoo! Good for you for doing the whole thing without any breaks. I would also like to announce that I followed your lead and came home and did the whole thing without stopping as well. (you can even ask guru for proof!) I was shocked that I made it without any heart attacks. But the night is still young. lol. That's the first time in a long time, if not ever that I've done that. Go us, go us! It's our birthday, well, not mine, but almost yours.

January 13, 2005 10:26 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Girls rule, boys drool.

January 14, 2005 8:39 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

That would be incorrect. Boys are far superior to girls in most every way. So there.

January 14, 2005 9:49 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

This guy was waiting in the doctor's surgery after having some tests done. The doctor returned from the laboratory and said:

"There's some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that you have brain tumor that not even our best expert can operate on. The good news is that this surgery has just received a license to do a new brain transplant procedure that's never been tried before."

Luckily for the patient there had just been an road accident nearby, where unfortunately a young couple had been killed.

The doctor said, "You can have either the man's brain or the woman's brain. The man's brain is $1,000,000.00 and the woman's brain is $30,000.00."

The guy couldn't help asking why there was such a big difference in price between the male and female brain.

The doctor replied, "the female brain is used."

January 14, 2005 10:02 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Ah, yes. A funny joke proves the superiority of one sex over another.

What do women and tiles have in common?
If you lay them right the first time, you can walk all over them forever!

Here is a quote for you...
"While the gender gap on the Preliminary SAT (PSAT) exam has recently been cut in half through revisions forced by FairTest legal action, female college applicants continue to fall further behind males on the SAT, on which similar 'reforms' were not implemented.

According to the College Board's 1999 College Bound Seniors, the SAT gender gap is now 43 points, the third consecutive year it has grown wider. In fact, the gender gap is at the highest level since the exam was revised in 1995, in part to reduce what test-makers labeled 'gender related prediction differences.'"

So, they had to change the test to make women more able to keep up with men's test scores. In the military, they have lower physical standards for women than men.

I'm just stirring up trouble, but I am just offering some hard facts that men rule the physical and the mental.

January 14, 2005 11:24 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

When I said girls rule and boys drool, I was talking about the people in our little challenge. We girls rule because we made it all the through the workout tape without stopping. You boys can not say the same. So in that sense, we women(Lo and myself) physically rule over you boys.

As far as the mental goes, any man would be a fool to try to debate with me. So, I rule over you mentally too.

A quote for you:
"While 55% of the students who take the test are girls, only 39% of the National Merit Scholarships (for which the PSAT is a qualifying test) ultimately go to girls. Furthermore, because girls actually receive, on average, higher grades than boys in both high school and college, critics have argued that the PSAT is under predicting their performance.

As a remedy, the PSAT plans to add a test of writing skills, an area in which girls tend to outperform boys. The boys have traditionally had the edge in the math section."

And another:
"One might expect boys' average PSAT scores to be higher precisely because fewer boys take the test: perhaps boys with marginal ability are less likely to take the test than girls of comparable ability"

Btw, it may be true that "In the military, they have lower physical standards for women than men", but women go through childbirth. Childbirth!

January 14, 2005 12:53 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

When you said your comment, you backed it up by citing a joke in which it is claimed that a man's brain is unused. Hence the reason for my counter-statistics.

Secondly, I would put my endurance up against either yours or Lo's in a head to head challenge. I have the mental fortitude to continue on through the pain. I cannot speak for the other men in the challenge, but I believe that I could endure childbirth. I have a very high threshold for pain.

The quote in which you state the hypothesis about fewer boys taking the test has no basis in science or fact. It is merely one person's guess as to the reasoning behind a true statistic. How about this hypothesis? Men perform better because they are better under pressure. Men get less emotional under stress and are able to take a 'winner take all' one shot test to gauge their academic abilities. Women crumble under that pressure. Perhaps the reason for the lower grades has more to do with the men's intelligences being bored to death in class and their realization that high school grades don't matter and college grades matter even less. How you perform on tests is the ultimate indicator of most things on an adult level. Those assertions are based in as much science as the ones that you quoted.

Furthermore, I believe that the foolish person is the one who chooses to engage ME in a debate, as I have the breadth of knowledge to take arguments to entirely different levels.

January 14, 2005 1:34 PM

 
Blogger G said...

Childbirth? You're on your own on that one dude!

January 14, 2005 1:57 PM

 
Blogger G said...

Trin: "...any man would be a fool to try to debate with me."

Exhibit A - Guru.

January 14, 2005 2:01 PM

 
Blogger G said...

However, He does have Good Breadth

January 14, 2005 2:04 PM

 
Blogger G said...

I've seen her working out first hand. She IS whoopin' our butts in the physical excercise department. Like I said before, Way to go, Trin!

January 14, 2005 2:07 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

G,
First of all, you have only seen her work out. Not Lo, not I, so you have NO frame of reference with which to make your comments except your desire to suck up to your wife. Secondly, I know that YOU aren't calling me a fool when I am clearly OWNING this debate with FACTS instead of just randomly quoting opinions.

Furthermore, the biggest insult is actually upon you because her assertion that girls rule and boys drool was (at her explanation) directed at the collective. And it is yours and Drifter's physical fitness that is dragging down the collective of men in this challenge.

If that is indeed the basis of the argument, I have to relent because of that very thing. But, her initial statement was about all men (who are biologically stronger as a group) then followed up by a joke against all men's intelligence. That is what I was defending. I am practically weaponless defending you two.

G, please stop bringing a (plastic) knife to a gunfight and remain a bystander so that you don't get hurt.

January 14, 2005 3:24 PM

 
Blogger G said...

Gu,

Don't get your pannies in a bunch pal, the way I see it (I believe I'm allowed to have my own opinion) Trin threw out a harmless taunt and you went immediately on the defensive. Upon first reading your comments I thought surely that the shovanism was being expressed in jest. Apparently not. She replied with a joke. That could have been the end of that. But no, someone drew their weapon and opened fire. Here I am at this party with my polypropylene cutlery, and bullets are flying.

You're right, I overstepped my bounds by speaking about the extent of your (and Lo's) workouts. I'm sorry for that. My frame of reference is as an outside observer of the debate which ensued, but it seems that everybody is fair game and subject to your onslaught. All of my comments were intended to lighten the mood and to bring the comments back to their origin not to "suck up" as you say. I don't need to do that.

There was one comment, though founded in truth, really came off as arrogant:

"Furthermore, I believe that the foolish person is the one who chooses to engage ME in a debate, as I have the breadth of knowledge to take arguments to entirely different levels."

My goodness man! We all know you're a brain.

FYI I do drool.

January 14, 2005 4:44 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Oh, come on! Drama drama drama! Can't we all just...SHUTTIE?! lol. Silly heads. (yes, drifter, I said "heads").

January 14, 2005 4:48 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 14, 2005 5:04 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Word!

January 14, 2005 5:09 PM

 

<< Home