Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Woman's Retreat

I got to spend some time this weekend with 260 other ladies at a church retreat. All in all, it was a good time.

My sis and I left around 5:30 on Friday to head to Cherry Valley Lodge. After getting settled, when went in search of the indoor heated pool. As it turns out, it was on the opposite end of the hotel! We did a lot of walking back and forth(from pool, to exercise room, to game room, to our own room) during the retreat...and it's a good thing since I cheated on the diet with a personal pack of peanut M&Ms. (and they were soooo good!)

The speaker we listened to was very good. Of course, I knew that I would like her when she said that she has been called the female version of Dr. Phil. She talked about feeling guilty for past mistakes, forgiving our mothers, and how powerful our great God is.

Right after the evening seminar, my sis and I ran back to our room to change. We then spent several hours swimming in the 24 hour pool and jacuzzi. It was a lot of fun and we didn't get back to our room till after 1 am. We got about 5 hours of sleep before heading out to use the exercise room. I mostly worked my arms and boy am I feeling it today!

Life is grand with sore muscles!

0

Post a Comment

<< Home