Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

No News Yet

We have yet to hear if Andy is okay. I keep watching the news and checking websites to see if the names have been released yet. So far, nothing.

His dad was on the news last night. What he said brought a tears to my eyes. They even showed a poster, with Andy on it, that his dad(Jim) has in his yard. Here is part of what Jim had to say:

"I check the news (Web) sites constantly, all day long," said Jim Rice, who had not received any news about his son, Lance Cpl. Andrew Rice, as of Wednesday night. "I'm pretty down for the day -- not functional. I got a lot of calls in support, because everyone knew this was bad."

Jim Rice, a former Marine, set up a tribute when his son was deployed in the winter. He said the longer he waits for word from the military, the better chance his son survived.

"You just pray it's not your (child)," Jim Rice said. "Then you feel guilty if you think it's not because it's somebody's son."


Please continue to keep this family, along with all military families, in your prayers. We hope to hear soon if Andy is okay.

8
Blogger Oh great One said...

I was watching the national news last night and they were talking to some parents of men that would have been there. The parents hadn't heard any news yet.

I just stood there and cried. I was talking to the tv as if the mother could hear me. I apologized and thanked her. It sounds stupid I know. I don't even know why I told you this.

I'm still prayin.

August 04, 2005 12:47 PM

 
Blogger Father of 3 said...

Praying.. for sure.

August 04, 2005 1:44 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I hope everything will be allright.

August 04, 2005 3:02 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I saw the newscast, it was very sad.

We went to church last night (Jim wasn't there, he was at the reserve center), but Andy's Grandma and Grandpa were there and almost everyone there has known Andy for as a long time.

It was very sad, but it is looking like he is all right, but I am reserving my relief until the entire name list is released, or his parents hear from him.

August 04, 2005 6:58 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

i woke up this morning and saw the marines were from Ohio and went back to check your blog. I had goose bumps all over. I prayed for his family last night and hope he is ok!

August 04, 2005 9:38 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thank you everyone for your prayers!!!

August 04, 2005 9:50 PM

 
Blogger steve said...

Im with ya in prayer. Wish I would have seen this sooner

August 06, 2005 3:01 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for stoppin by Steve.

August 07, 2005 12:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home