Life is Grand!!!

Monday, September 19, 2005

Painting The Town...Cream & Blue

Well I would have posted my OSU pics last night, but I was needed at my mom's house. She offered to feed my family pizza if we came over and helped her paint. You see, she is re-doing the finished part of her basement. It is very outdated (looking like a room from the 70's) with orange carpet and wood paneling on the walls.

So, last night we went over and moved the furniture into the middle of the room so that we could prime all the walls (and nasty wood paneling) and the doors. Then we painted the wood a light cream and the walls were painted a pretty blue. We also adding a few splashes of a tan accent color in parts of the room...like the built in bookcase and fireplace.

We finished all we could last night with the paint available. My mom needs to buy more cream before the room can be finished. And, I think the colors like beautiful together. And she is doing those colors to tie in with the lighthouse theme that will soon be in the basement. It should look wonderful by the end of this week!

Btw, our OSU pics should be up by the end of the day! (And I only have to go through 73 pics to find the best ones!) Ahhh, life is grand!!!

6
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Wouldn't it be fun to decorate our houses like they were in the '70s?

September 19, 2005 3:03 PM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I find wood panelling looks great when it is painted a color like that. Very nice. Would love to see pics

September 19, 2005 4:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i actually prefer wood panelling that has been painted, it has that cape cod feel to it.

September 19, 2005 9:37 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I will try to post some pics when it's done.

And that's exactly why my mom went with the lighthouse theme BSTS...she thought the painted wood paneling would tie right in.

September 19, 2005 10:23 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it! It sounds VERY nice.

September 20, 2005 12:44 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

As my oldest daughter would say, at least it's not yellow and blue!

That would be plain evil!

September 20, 2005 12:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home