Life is Grand!!!

Saturday, November 27, 2004

Slacker

That's right, I am a slacker this year when it comes to putting up my Christmas decorations. I usually do it on the day after turkey day, but not this year. I was so exhausted from shopping, that I took a nap. Why work putting up decorations when you have a few free hours to yourself to catch up on some sleep?

I am going to try to put them up today. Our Christmas tree will be somewhat of a pain this year. I have to make sure that it is securely in place since I don't want the cat to pull it down. I also will need to keep all the breakable ornaments on the top of the tree so the boys don't mess them up.

Another way that I get ready for C-mas is by wrapping up all purchased gifts and placing them under the tree. I really don't think I will be able to do it this year. I don't want to risk the cat or the boys ripping or eating the paper. The last thing I want to do is re-wrap Christmas gifts.

I need to go through all the gifts I have bought and see what else I need. I have a tendency to buy gift type items throughout the year for no one in particular. Those items need assigned to someone so I know exactly who on my list still needs a present.

I know one person in particular who is hard to shop for. I have the hardest time trying to find things for my one and only bro. He means a lot to me and I want to show it with the perfect gift. He is 18 and a senior in high school. All he thinks about is girls (already has one), the military (not for sale), and sky diving (to expensive). I could get him a gift cert, but those are so impersonal. He likes video games, but there are so many out there and it not really a meaningful gift. If that is what he wants, I guess it is meaningful, but I really want to find something special for him.

Any ideas?

4
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

I am the one you see on TV on Christmas Eve running around throwing gifts in the cart. I always put it off way too long. And as for decorations, we put a tree up about 2 weeks before Christmas. I didn't even put one up last year. I may this year.

November 27, 2004 6:08 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Do you buy a real one or do you use an artifical tree? I have a fake tree that comes apart in three sections and folds down on itself. I love it because it is so easy to put up.

November 27, 2004 6:32 PM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

When the kids were young we used an artificial tree, but for the last 10 yrs or so we have cut our own. We may go back to an artificial for the grandkids they are 3 and 2, only 10 months apart. She had Gordon 3 months early and was pregnant with Courtney before Gordon left the hospital. She is a busy girl!!

November 27, 2004 11:06 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Wow!!! Your right, she was busy!

November 28, 2004 12:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home