Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Leftover Turkey

Here is the problem I faced a few days ago. What should I do with my leftover turkey from Thanksgiving? To solve my problem, I went looking online. I found some great ideas and decided to make something using a few new found tips and a few of my own personal ideas. What I came up with was my own version of turkey noodle soup. Ahhh, it was soooo very good. I cooked some noodles in leftover broth and a packet of onion soup mix. Then I added a can of carrots, juice and all. Next came the turkey which I tore into bit size pieces. It turned out better than I expected. It was the perfect food to help ease my hubby's cold the the cold from outside.

I also got not just one, but many compliments from my father in law! This man has a hard time saying thank you, but last night he was very gracious. He doesn't come over for dinner very often, but he might come over more because he loved the soup so much. He also took some home with him (another first).

Later, my son and I had some great dessert. I made pumpkin bread, heated it up, put ice cream on it and sprinkled cinnamon and sugar all over it. It was soooo good, if I do say so myself!

Tonight I don't have to worry about cooking anything since the hubby and I are going to Speg Warehouse for their Wednesday night special. Yum!

Life is grand people!

1
Blogger G said...

MMMMMM....Bisketti skabetti pasketti

December 01, 2004 1:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home