Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Done Decorating!

With my hubby's help, I am finally done with my decorating! I had enough ornaments this year to do an entire doughboy tree. I even have doughboy C-mas lights! The tree looks great and it matches my Pillsbury kitchen.

I just love decorating with the Pillsbury doughboy! I have a doughboy cookie jar, napkin holder, soap dispenser, scour pad holder, salt and pepper shakers to name a few items. I also have a doughboy curtains wall paper border that goes around my kitchen.

Here is a poem similar to the one I have displayed in my home's entry way:

The Pillsbury Doughboy Died

Veteran Pillsbury spokesman, The Pillsbury Doughboy, died yesterday of a severe yeast infection and complications from repeated pokes to the belly. He was 71.

Doughboy was buried in a slightly greased coffin. Dozens of celebrities turned out, including Mrs. Butterworth, the California Raisins, Hungry Jack, Betty Crocker, the Hostess Twinkies, and many others. The grave side was piled high in flours as longtime friend Aunt Jemima delivered the eulogy, describing Doughboy as a man who"never knew how much he was kneaded".


Doughboy rose quickly in show business, but his later life was filled with many turnovers. He was not considered a very smart cookie, wasting much of his dough on half-baked schemes. Still, even as a crusty old man, he was a roll model to millions. Doughboy is survived by his second wife, Play Dough. They have two children and one in the oven. The funeral was held at 350 for about twenty minutes.


Here is another doughboy funny:

Pillsbury Doughboy Wanted for Attempted Murder

AP, Arkansas - A woman named Linda went to Arkansas last week to visit her in-laws, and while there, went to a store. She parked next to a car with a woman sitting in it, her eyes closed and hands behind her head, apparently sleeping. When Linda came out a while later, she again saw the woman, her hands still behind her head but with her eyes open. The woman looked very strange, so Linda tapped on the window and said "Are you okay?" The woman answered "I've been shot in the head, and I am holding my brains in." Linda didn't know what to do; so she ran into the store where store officials called the paramedics. They had to break into the car because the door was locked. When they got in, they found that the woman had bread dough on the back of her head and in her hands. A Pillsbury biscuit canister had exploded, apparently from the heat in the car, making a loud explosion like that of a gunshot, and hit her in the head. When she reached back to find what it was, she felt the dough and thought it was her brains. She passed out from fright at first, then attempted to hold her brains in!

0

Post a Comment

<< Home