Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Lost And Found

Lost- One diamond earring.

I was taking a shower yesterday morning when I noticed that I was missing an earring and not just any earring(because I wear six at a time) but one of my diamond earrings! I then got on my hands and knees to search the floor of the shower. I did find the earring back, but no earring. I rinsed off, got out, and got my maintenance man hubby. He did everything possible to locate my diamond with no success. He even took his power vac and sucked out the drain, but he found nothing but dirty water.

I was really bummed out by now. I knew that there was nothing I could do to get my jewelry back. I was responsible for it and because I lost it, I felt sick to my stomach. I decided to go out and try to find a cheap replacement.

Found- Two diamond earrings on sale.

I went to Meijer to buy some cheap cz's when I found them- a pair of beautiful earrings that matched my previous pair. I was so happy. I was even happier when I found out the price. They were originally $200, down to $70. Then I had an in store coupon for 10% off. Talk about a good deal, but I had to call the hubby for permission to buy them. I was just going to spend about $15 on a cheap look-a-like, so I needed approval for the higher price. I got the okay and quickly purchased the jewelry before my hubby called back and changed his mind.

Here is a pic of the Christmas present from my hubby:

Thanks!

2
Blogger G said...

You're so welcome!! Aren't I thoughtful?

December 19, 2004 6:09 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

I lost one of my diamond earrings too, a while back. I still have no idea where it is. Long gone! I did buy some cheap cz ones to replace them, but still, there's nothing like the real thing.

December 20, 2004 12:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home