Life is Grand!!!

Friday, February 04, 2005

Three Weeks Of Misery

I have all three boys today. Usually I only have the one year old Mon-Wed and his grandma keeps him the rest of the week. She likes her personal, private, me time, so that is why I am watching the boy three days out the week for her. She was not able to today, so I am stuck with the cubby bundle of joy.

Here's the problem. She and her husband are going out of town for 3 weeks! This means that I have the privilege of watching the holy terror. He makes me so crazy sometimes. The boy doesn't play with toys, but drags them all throughout the house and leaves them. He also fusses constantly and cries when the other two boys are playing to loudly. He doesn't like to eat for me and what he does get in his mouth has to be packed away in his cheeks. This way he can spit it out as soon as he notices his bottle.

Btw, I think he is too old for a bottle, but that is how his mommy's wants him to take his milk. My son took his last bottle at 3 months old. I either breast fed him or gave him a straw cup instead of the bottle. Not that there is anything wrong with bottle feeding, but I just think that this particular one year old is too old for his bottle(in other words, his pacifier).

Please, please pray for me. I needed an abundant amount of patience to get through the next 3 weeks with the one year old. I just have to keep reminding myself that it is more money...more money...more money. I guess I could use the extra money, but not at the cost of me going insane. So, please pray for me!

Life is grand watching three boys under three for three weeks!


3
Blogger loelsh said...

Hey, now. My 9 month old son still takes a bottle. Not because I wouldn't prefer to give him the boo all the time, I just cannot make enough milk, so he has to take formula too. And I have tried giving him straw cups, he hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet. Although you can rest assured that once he is a year old, he will no longer be taking a bottle. The same thing happened with my girls. At a year they were off the bottle, and by the day of their 3rd birthdays, they were both completely potty trained (Angie). I may not be the best mother in the world, but I must be doing SOMEthing right.

February 04, 2005 1:47 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Lo, if I have insulted you in any way with the whole bottle thing, I'm sorry. All I said was that the one year old I watch is too old for it. He has been ready for a sippy/straw cup for some time now, but his mom likes to use the bottle as a pacifier. She wants me to continue with the bottle even though I disagree, but she is the boss.

Speaking of potty training, G and I thought about trying Dr Phil's method(again) tomrorrow with the boy. I would love to have him trained at three just like the girls. It would be great not to buy any more diapers!

February 04, 2005 10:10 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Don't fret it. Good luck with the training, I hope it goes well.

February 04, 2005 10:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home