Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Crazy!

While I was out and about today, I saw a crazy man on his motorcycle. Not only did he not have a helmet on, he also didn't have a shirt on!!! I can only imagine what he would look like if he got in an accident! And the other day I saw a girl riding a cycle with flip-flops on!!! Crazy!

I know how important it is for people to be protected while riding a motorcycle. If it wasn't for a helmet, my dad wouldn't be living today. When he was working as a sheriff, he used to lead funeral processions. Well one day he was leading a group of cars on while on the freeway. A semi didn't see him and ran right into my dad! My dad went flying in the air, landed on the ground, and his bike landed on his arm. He was rushed to the hospital where his heart stopped several times. When he finally came to, he had no memory. After several months of hospital stay(while my mom was pregnant no less!), he came home to us two inches shorter(they had to take two vertebrae out of his back), with a cast on his arm(he has a metal bar runing through that arm), and his memory almost back to normal.

So, I know how important it is to wear a helmet(seeing as though my dad would have died without one). I think it should be state law to wear one just as it is law to always where a seat belt while in a car. It makes me sooo mad to see people risking their lives by not using protection.

Okay, rant off! Life is grand with helmets(and shirts)!

6
Anonymous Anonymous said...

helmets are mandatory here (ontario, canada), but i do see people on on bikes in only t-shirts and shorts. i can't understand why anyone would even get on one of those with being fully covered, i don't know if even leather is enough to protect you.

July 20, 2005 10:47 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Yes, and I believe a helmet came in pretty for our friend Oz last year as well.

July 20, 2005 11:50 PM

 
Blogger Oh great One said...

I agree. My husband and I make comments all the time about the apparel we see bikers wearing. I get the images of their body and a cheese grater...it gives me shivers.

July 21, 2005 11:43 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I dont think they are mandatory here, but please put one on!! And most of the bikers I see here in TX, please put your shirt on!! NObody wants to see that!!

July 21, 2005 12:30 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

People who don't wear helmets are selfish. Sure, "I look so tough risking my life!", but what about all of the other people who will be without their son, dad, brother, or husband because you have to "look cool". Wear proper protective gear. You wouldn't jump out of a plane without a chute, would you?

July 22, 2005 5:30 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

So true!

July 23, 2005 10:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home