Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Ahhhh!

Our internet connection was messing up yesterday, so no post. I tried several times to get online with no success. Ah, such is life.

So anyway, my mom and I were very busy yesterday. We hosted my great aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary party. It was a lot of work! We have spent the last couple of days cleaning, buying and ordering supplies, and working on favors.

We decided to do an ornament favor since my aunt and uncle are really into Christmas. Every year we get at least one ornament from them. So, we thought it would be the perfect favor for everyone. My mom bought glass ornaments and I stuffed them with gold tinsel. Then my hubby and I printed out small pics of my aunt and uncle from 1955 and from today onto vellum. I made the pics into stickers (using my scrapbook sticker maker) and placed them on the ornament. I gave them a nice green border using green glitter glue. Then I made some more stickers out of little Jolee embellishments like candy canes, holly, red flowers, and stars. I think they turned out pretty good. And I only stayed up till 4am to finish half of them on Friday night (would have finished it sooner, but the printer wasn't working right).

I got up early Saturday to get my hair done and to fix my mom's hair as well (I'm my mom's beautician half the time). Then I went back home to finish the ornaments and to make 4 dozen muffins for the party. After that, my hubby, son, and I left the house to pick up the cake and a few last minute food items.

We got to my parents house around 2:30. Mom and I put the three-tiered wedding cake together and got the house ready for the party. By 4:45 the house was full of people. My mom and I served the food, cut the cake, the handed out the favors. Then it was gift time. My aunt opened most of the gifts and she actually cried when she opened ours (I have NEVER seen her cry before)! We got her and my uncle a two night stay at a beautiful inn in Amish country. She loved it!

I think the party went off without a hitch. Everyone (including my sis) left by 9 and that's when mom and I started the clean up process. My family left the house around 10:30 when mom and I finished. Now I just have to clean up the party preparations in my own home!

Life is grand with a celebration of 50 years of marriage!

7
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

I would love to see one of the ornaments you made. You should post a pic of one.

August 21, 2005 8:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful day, i'd love to see a pic of those ornaments, they sound amazing.

August 21, 2005 9:12 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks NJ! And I'll see if I can find a pic for ya WFI and BSTS!

August 22, 2005 8:43 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Well thanks PJ! You are too!!!

August 22, 2005 1:34 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I loved your idea for the favors! That was clever, especially since they love Christmas.

I will have to keep that in mind for Christmas gifts. Both sides exchange gifts every year. OMG! It can get quite costly. So, a few years ago I started making gifts for everyone. Except for the kids. I get them all books. Everyone seems to enjoy the little handmade gifts than what I used to buy.

August 22, 2005 10:40 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Oh yes, I def know what you mean about a costly Christmas. To cut down on some of the cost, my hubby and I (and the boy) usually get our pic taken, frame it, and then give it out as a gift.

And I love the idea of giving books to the kids. It's a lot better than giving them toys they don't need.

August 23, 2005 7:26 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I'm glad that it all turned out grand for you, especially with all of the printer problems that you were having.

August 23, 2005 7:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home