Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Home Again

After a few relaxing days, my hubby and I are finally home! We did however have a wonderful time in the great outdoors. While in Hocking Hills, the hubby and I visited Ash Cave, Old Man's Cave, and Conkle's Hollow. We absolutely loved Ash Cave! It was so beautiful and we could tell that we just missed a wedding. There were rose petals on the ground right under the gorgeous cave opening.

Old Man's Cave was okay. My hubby and I really wore ourselves out hiking to it's lower falls. The falls were nice, but then we had to hike back up the hills...not fun! But, we got ice cream afterwards, so it's all good!

Conkle's Hollow was def my favorite. It had a nice walking path that lead us to a beautiful cave along with a small waterfall. We got a few pics at this place and I hope to have a few posted tomorrow.

While in Hocking Hills, we stayed at Getaway Cabins. This place have over 20 cabins to choose from, each with it's own hot tub. We loved the seclusion of the cabin we stayed in. It was really in the middle of nowhere.

I would love to go back again some year...and take my son. He would love all the climbing! Maybe next year he would be old enough. I know he would just love it as much as my hubby and I did!

Life is grand!!!

9
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds wonderful, even the name of the place, hocking hills, i can almost imagine it

August 15, 2005 8:25 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Glad you guys had such a good time. Think the boy would be up to so much walking next year? I know that my kids complain about lots of walking, though they will go outside and play for hours, running around continuously. Doesn't make sense...

August 15, 2005 11:57 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

We would take him to Ash Cave and Conkle's where they have a nice path for strollers if needed.

August 15, 2005 12:00 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Sweet. As usual, you have thought of all things.

August 15, 2005 12:22 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I try!

August 15, 2005 12:22 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

The places sound wonderful locations, as well as great places to see.

August 15, 2005 3:00 PM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

Sounds like fun!

August 15, 2005 6:18 PM

 
Blogger A Woman From Illinois said...

Glad you are home safe and had a good weekend together.

August 15, 2005 6:47 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for your comments everyone!

August 15, 2005 10:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home