Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Family Day At Cedar Point

Every year my hubby's company sends their employees and their families to an amusement park here in Ohio. They pay for the tickets and even the parking (which would have been $9!). This year Cedar Point in Sandusky, Oh was chosen. So, yesterday the four of us (me, G, the boy, and the red head) spend the entire day riding kiddie rides! We had so much fun! It was great to just walk around and not have to worry about lines.

G's company also gave us $10 in Cedar dollars and a few lunch passes, so we spent very little pocket money! We spent some of that pocket money on a huge elephant ear. It was soooo good and it took up two plates! Yum, yum!!!

I'm glad we didn't try to ride any of the coaster yesterday. It rained off and on so many of the big rides would shut down for an hour at a time. We just used that time to shop or see a show.

Life is grand with a free trip to an amusement park!!!

8
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

I ought to suggest that to my company. It would be interesting to see them laugh out loud as they refuse it.

August 11, 2005 2:26 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I'm glad that you had a good time. It is too bad that it was rainy, because - being the big coaster fan that you are - I'm sure you would have liked to quickly jump on a coaster or two since you were up there. I hope that we have good weather when my company has their Cedar Point Day.

August 12, 2005 9:36 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I would have ridden the Raptor (since it's my fav at CP), but the lines were too long. And I don't think of myself as a big coaster fan since I HATE the drops. That's why I won't even consider riding half of the new coasters at CP.

August 12, 2005 9:41 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Well, that's how my aunt found out that she was prego. She is a rollar coaster freak, but when she got sick after riding one, she wondered what was up. She had never gotten sick or even dizzy from riding a coaster, so she knew she was pregnant.

August 12, 2005 10:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great idea! usually companies just do the christmas party thing, nice to hear his does something to celebrate the summer

August 12, 2005 3:11 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

His company usually does something each season. They had a fishing trip earlier this year. And this fall, they have a harvest party with pumpkin and face painting, pony and hay rides, tons of food, etc!

August 12, 2005 3:56 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

ummm, what is an elephant ear?!

August 13, 2005 11:26 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Yummm, elephant ears! They are made by flattening out a ball of dough till it's very thin and even holey in some parts. Then it is fried and dipped in cin and sugar. It is soo good! It is crispy in the middle and chewy on the edges! I love this stuff!!!

August 14, 2005 9:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home