Life is Grand!!!

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Closed

From 8-6 tomorrow my street will be closed to be re-sealed. This is going to make it hard on my mom's (of the kids I watch) in the afternoon. They won't be able to drive down my street to pick up their kids at 4:15 (for the one year old) and at 5:30 (for the red head's). Either they will have to park and walk the two blocks to my street or I will have to walk it (I'd put the 3 oldest boys in the wagon and the baby in a snugli-which I would have to find)...and that doesn't sound very fun to me. I just don't want to have to take 4 boys under 4 down even one block. What a pain...but I don't want my mother's having to walk it either. Maybe I'm just too nice. Maybe they should walk it. I mean it's only for one day! But still, I would feel bad making them walk two blocks to pick up their kids.

Ahhh, what to do, what to do.

5
Blogger Pete said...

They can walk.

It is only for one day and there is no reason that they can't park and walk. If I need to go to the store and they are re-sealing sections of their parking lot, I have to park far and walk.

The parallel that I am going for is that both you and the store have services that the customer is paying for. Yet in every other industry, a small temporary hardship is always placed on the consumer.

It makes much more logical sense to have each person bring one or two kids to you instead of you lugging 4 somewhere.

August 29, 2005 6:45 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

That's too bad about the street sealing; were the residents consulted about it?

August 29, 2005 2:53 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Can I still feel bad for them having to walk?

They sent out notices in the mail Cap't along with a second notice at my door. They also have little signs along the streets that are to be sealed.

August 29, 2005 4:05 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

You can feel bad, but don't let it stay around too long... you aren't doing anything wrong.

August 29, 2005 4:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd try and meet them part way, if they have a cell phone, they can call once they actually arrive

August 29, 2005 6:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home