Life is Grand!!!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Christmas Shopping

For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to finish up my Christmas shopping. I really don't want it to wait till the last minute since I have 55 people (includes family, friends, and co-workers) to buy for!!!

Last year I had about 45 people to shop for and it was just too much on our budget. A lot of the purchases went on the credit card. Well this year I want to avoid that. I don't want to have to pay for this C-mas all next year. So I'm doing everything possible save money. There isn't much to cut back on since I don't spend a whole lot on gifts as it is. But with me shopping so early I'm able to get a lot more sale items. I really hope this helps us financially this holiday.

I'm actually pretty proud of myself. I have all the cousins (well all but 2...but 2 out of 13 isn't too bad!), grandparents, siblings, and children (except my own) bought for! I'm also making a few gifts that should be done before December. Yeah!!!

Have you started yet? How many to you have to buy for this year?

13
Blogger War Eagle said...

I just buy for immediate family. My friends and I don't exchange.(none of us make much money)

We are so doing something new this year we are doing Secret Santa with the cousins and my aunt and uncle. U draw names and u buy one gift for one family member.

October 13, 2005 3:53 AM

 
Blogger War Eagle said...

Trinity,

U have made my blog listing. Thanks for all the posts lately.

October 13, 2005 4:13 AM

 
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

45 people to shop for? wowzers! you must be a real giving person.

October 13, 2005 9:04 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

We also draw names on one side of the family WarE. But since there are three of us, we draw three names. And thanks for adding me!

55 this year BON!!! And I like giving everyone a little something. It's a bad habit of mine...heehee!

October 13, 2005 9:29 AM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

I shop pretty much all year round. We cut out exchanging gifts for the adults (siblings) in my family so I just buy for all the neices and nephews (and parents of course). It is quite a lot and hard on the pocket book. Wal-Mart always has toys on sale, when I see something I grab it and put it in my closet. Around Christmas I go to the closet and decide who gets what and what I still have to get. It works well. I get $30. toys for $10.

I also do this because my kids get invited to a lot of B-day parties. When an invitation comes, I go t o the closet!

Ahh, I love Christmas!

October 13, 2005 12:34 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Ha ha PJ, you think I would tell you anything?

You sound like my bro Armaedes...only he wants the present without giving them! Gotta love him!!!

I do the same thing Leslie. I've mentioned before that I have 4 bins of clothes under my bed (along with two dresser drawers and my closet filled with clothes and toys). I too buy things when on sale. So most of the time the kids I buy for get summer clothes and toys for C-mas...heehee!

Btw Leslie, ever shop at Meijer? Their clearance toys are 25% off right now!!!!!

October 13, 2005 1:17 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

55 people? That's a lot of people.

Present wise, it is around 10, but there are more when it comes to cards.

October 13, 2005 2:58 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

I've never heard of meijer...it must only be in the states.

October 13, 2005 3:49 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

It's very similar to Walmart (and was around before Walmart as well). They have a grocery side as well as a general merchadise side. I like going there since they aren't as crowded at Walmart. And I think their sale prices are better (like milk for $1.79).

October 13, 2005 4:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm just starting and i don't use credit for anything. i don't have 55 people though, more like 20, but my three kids that i spend way too much on.

October 13, 2005 8:37 PM

 
Blogger utenzi said...

Holy crap, Trinity. 55?! I can see why you start early. I'm a typical guy. I start the week of Xmas in the stores and a week before that on the Internet. I finish the day before I drive whereever we celebrate that year. But I only am buying for something like 15.

Michele sent me your way!

October 14, 2005 12:46 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

We used to not use credit as well BSTS. It was just last year that we HAD to put things on the card (it was a bad year financially) or else no one would of had gifts to open from us. But since we only have the one credit card, I think we're doing pretty well!

We are close to everyone Becky! But it's cool...we love them!!!

I shop all year round Utenzi...but I used to really pick up speed after Thanksgiving. I just can't wait till then anymore.

October 14, 2005 1:26 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Im my hubbies family, we finally reached 12 cousins with new hubbies and wives, so we decided to do a chinese exchange with gift cards. Its a win win! Of course we all still buy for babies, but luckily we only have one of those so far!!

October 15, 2005 5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home