Life is Grand!!!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hmmm...Food

I am definitely known to eat some weird food mixes. For instance, when I go to Wendy's I always get a Frosty to dip my food into. It doesn't matter if I order fries, nuggets, chili, or a baked potato...it goes into the Frosty! I just love the hot food mixed with a cold Frosty.

I also will pour milk over a cup of pudding. I find it to be very yummy, but it grosses my hubby out (I don't know why it would, pudding is made with milk!). Of course it also grosses him out that I dip chicken into ketchup, but that's another story.

Speaking of my hubby, he loves to dip his fries into mayo! I was weirded out the first time that he did that in front of me, but I'm now used to it.

I had a best friend in elementary school who mixed ketchup in with her mac n cheese. It made her meal a nice orange color.

I've see a lot of food mixes, but the one I saw today takes the cake. The autistic boy's mom mixed milk and pop together for her breakfast! I can't tell you how gross it looked. And I about lost it while I watched her drink it! Dis. gust. ing. (But yet I'm tempted to try it...gotta see if it's any good!)

Do you mix up any food items that other people would consider weird?

20
Blogger Leslie said...

hmmm...found all of these to be weird (er I mean different) but very interesting ha ha.

I am trying so hard to think of something I do that is weird....I like cheese wiz on celery....maple syrup on bacn....that's about it!

October 07, 2005 12:56 AM

 
Blogger G said...

Woah! Wait a minute. Syrup on bacon is completely normal. You mix it in with eggs fried over easy, and bust the yolks.

BTW, Laverne (as in & Shirley) used to drink milk and Pepsi, but that's the only other time I've heard of it.

October 07, 2005 1:04 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

G beat me to saying it. Laverne used to drink milk and Pepsi and I personally have had it.

At a family reunion one time, one of my relatives was making it, so I tried it. I remember liking it. It isn't much different than making a float by putting ice cream (a milk product) in pop. You should try it.

Fries and mayo is gross. Well, anything with any amount of mayo is gross. Mayo should be used sparingly in my opinion!

Chicken and ketchup is perfectly fine. Syrup is fine with bacon. I know Trin and Lo will disagree with me, but fries, baked potato, and chili in frostys are nasty!

My only weird food thing that comes to mind is that I dip potato chips in ketchup. To me, it is the same as thin crispy fries, but Lo thinks that I'm weird.

October 07, 2005 5:18 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I just thought of another thing G thinks is nasty. I like dipping scrambled eggs into ketchup. We did it growing up, but I don't do it much now.

I also like peanut butter on my pancakes and waffles and crumbled, peanut butter topped cornbread in my bean soup. Hmmmm...now I'm def hungry!!!

October 07, 2005 8:40 AM

 
Blogger loelsh said...

The only thing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned that I do, is dip my fries in honey mustard sauce! YUMMY!

G, do I remember correctly that you used to put ketchup on corn?

October 07, 2005 9:33 AM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

I thought the syrup & bacon thing was normal and that is the extent of my food mixing.

I used to watch L&S and didn't pick up on that!

Trinity, your food combos are crackin' me up!

October 07, 2005 10:44 AM

 
Blogger Pete said...

I find myself thinking along the same lines as PJ. I keep food seperate most of the time. Though, I also do the corn and mashed potatoes thing.

October 07, 2005 11:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

most of those food combinations sound ok except the pop and milk and the milk over the pudding thing. i also like peanut butter on celery, mmmmmmmmm.

October 07, 2005 11:46 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

My dh mixes mayo and ketchup together and dips his fries.

My friend, mixes ketchup into her gravy on her fries.

I sometimes like gravy on my potato salad.

October 07, 2005 12:37 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Fries and gravy....

October 07, 2005 2:55 PM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

Actually I tried to think of something, but I like everything the way it is.

October 07, 2005 3:06 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

Becky, I can't see a thing wrong with that. Do you have a recipe for the beef, rice, egg, gravy thing? I want that for dinner tomorrow!

October 07, 2005 6:05 PM

 
Blogger G said...

Yeah I used to put ketchup on my corn, and I've even had it on scrambled eggs, but neither of those sound appetizing to me any more.

Some folks think tuna biscuits with mushroom gravy is nasty, and maybe even unheard of, but I absolutely LOVE it!

I'm also the one to make strange food combinations for the purpose of grossing other people out. One time when Oz and I went to our favorite Chinese buffet, I had some vanilla pudding get on my cooked broccoli. I ate it anyway. Now it's almost a given that I'll have some strange mixture on my plate when we go there.

I love corn and peas mixed with mashed potatoes.

I never knew you could put peanut butter on your Eggos before I met Trin. They're delicious that way and topped with maple syrup.

Cornbread in my bean soup is a given, but I haven't warmed up to the peanut butter in that genre of food quite yet.

I didn't find out how good fries w/ mayo was until I was an adult. So many wasted years!

Cocktail sauce-Horseradish=Ketchup.
I don't like horseradish by itself, and ketchup doesn't have the kick for seafood. I have to have cocktail sauce on any non-fish seafood. I take tartar sauce with the fish. Ketchup is ok with fishsticks if there's no tartar sauce around.

Sure, you CAN put ketchup on your chicken, but why? Chicken deserves something rich like a good BBQ sauce or honey mustard.

Honey mustard, made right, is good on just about anything.

Ranch dressing is good on fries, especially Chaze Froyz at Outback Steakhouse.

Ranch is also good on chicken, salad, chicken salad, mixed with salsa, and even gives a bite to deviled eggs.

Guru, if only they made ketchup flavored chips. That would be AWESOME!

October 07, 2005 9:53 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I tried the milk and pepsi thing once. I gagged so hard it came out my nose. Yes. That did happen.

I like baked beans mixed with cottage cheese. How yummy!

October 08, 2005 12:52 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Baked beans and cottage cheese??? That's a new one for me...heehee! I don't care for cottage cheese unless it's in lasagna. But, I'll have to try your mixer some time. It sounds interesting!

October 08, 2005 10:23 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

i cannot emphasize how YUCKY i found this whole post and comment segment to be. it took a strong will (and curiousity) to be able to finish reading it, but i did! i can't say that i am better for it, but i won't ever look at frostys the same way.

dphte (defeat!)

October 08, 2005 6:33 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Awwww, poor Amanda Sue!!! Sorry about the whole Frosty thing. They are just so yummy...with everything! Heehee!

October 08, 2005 10:10 PM

 
Blogger Pete said...

G... I LOVE Ketchup flavored chips!

October 11, 2005 10:34 PM

 
Blogger War Eagle said...

The only slightly weird one i like now is :
Blue cheese dressing and Tuna Fish

But as a kid I loved: Orange Juice mixed with Milk.

October 13, 2005 4:09 AM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Milk and orange juice?? I'll have to put that on my must try list!

October 13, 2005 9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home