Life is Grand!!!

Monday, October 03, 2005

Obsessed

Hi, my name is Trinity, and I have a clearance shopping problem.

I have been re-organizing my bedroom tonight. I usually do this about every other month since I buy waaaaay too much clearance children's clothing. Whenever I am feeling down...or happy...or hungry...or depressed...or ummm, my typical self, I go to a one of my favorite shopping centers. I then buy all their $1 or less clothing...whether I need it or not. Because of this I have 4 storage bins full of clothing plus a closet full of bags (and that's after separating the clothes I am giving at Christmas).

I'm so bad! But I just can't help myself! It's not like I spend a lot of money on this habit of mine. I usually spend $10-20 a month on great sales. But the clothes are racking up. I am running out of room for this habit of mine.

You know what, I just like having gifts on hand. I can shop my inventory, ranging from sizes 0-3 month all the way up to children's 14, for what I need. It's a real time saver and it helps with my clearance addicition.

Life is grand with sales!!!

13
Blogger BagOfNothing.com said...

I was at Linens and Things yesterday and they had a HUGE clearance section. I gave into temptation.

October 04, 2005 8:16 AM

 
Blogger Jootastic said...

woah...that's a really good idea.
(oh...and my verification word is "nhtuzzy"...thought i'd share)

October 04, 2005 10:55 AM

 
Blogger Father of 3 said...

Aermedes..you think your wife is bad?!? My wife's wallet was stolen and I didn't even report it. The thieves are spending LESS than she was!!! <--Old joke.

October 04, 2005 11:34 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

what a wonderful idea! After my move, I may develop a similar habit.

October 04, 2005 12:56 PM

 
Blogger Jennboree said...

I too cannot resist a clearance sale...or the $1 Spot at Target. I begin to salivate and my hands shake as they reach for the $5 I've allowed myself to spend.

I see no problem with having gifts on hand. Convenience and economical. Think of all the gas $$ you save in the long run. Or not.

October 04, 2005 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

I'm all about the consignment sales when it comes to baby clothes. I get all kinds of hand-smocked and boutique clothing for practically nothing. And I love neighborhood garage sales in some of the upscale subdivisions near my home. Lots and lots of expensive toys to be had for a few bucks!

Michele sent me.

October 04, 2005 1:30 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

girl, i am with you on clearance sales! i love em!

i added you to my list finally! :)

October 04, 2005 1:42 PM

 
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

Oh man! I love a good clearance! I was just at Big Lots this morning and I had to get myself out of there before I spent too much... So many good deals.

BTW, that's very cool and unique the way you organized your links my length.

October 04, 2005 2:58 PM

 
Blogger M. C. Pearson said...

Boy, I only wish I had $20/month to spend on cloths!!! LOL, Homeschooling is fun. I've been going through my buckets of cloths that are too small for the youngest one...maybe I'll be able to enter the garage soon.

October 04, 2005 3:28 PM

 
Blogger Shelley said...

WOW! Can I come to your house to shop? You could get some of that moula back!

October 04, 2005 7:48 PM

 
Blogger G said...

Maybe you should try the clearance shopping patch.

October 04, 2005 11:31 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Okay, so I'm not the only one who loves to clearance shop...heehee!!! I can go into just about any store and find a great deal. And I have even thought about selling (through ebay) some of the clothing I have bought to make some of the money back. But who am I kidding? That will NEVER happen. :-)

October 05, 2005 12:54 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I hear you!! You never know when you will need that perfect gift!

October 06, 2005 9:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home