Life is Grand!!!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Dentist

Since my son turned three this year, it was time for him to have his fist visit to the dentist. I decided to go ahead and schedule him right after my filling (also a first...it was the first time I've ever had a cavity and it was a half one at that!). While it was my turn in the chair, my son sat very quietly in the corner and watched. It only took the dentist 15 to complete my filling and then it was my son's turn. After 5 min of trying to let an assistant count his teeth, we had to call it quits. He just would not allow it! I couldn't believe it! He wouldn't even sit there for a few minutes, while cartoons were on, with me there right next to him, and the promise of two prizes after he was done.

So, I have now scheduled him a dentist appointment with his father!!! It's his turn to take the boy...(evil laugh) heeheehee!

6
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello - Michelle sent me!
I bet your son thought he was going to get a filling too!

October 09, 2005 2:00 AM

 
Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I hope your dh has an easier time.

October 09, 2005 9:38 AM

 
Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

oh dear! It sounds like a dentist trip will always be difficult.

October 09, 2005 1:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't remember how old my kids were when they had their first visit to the dentist, but i do remember it was a pretty quick checkup too, it's just something they need to get used to. my were a little freaked out cuz they were those masks, it's kind of intimidating.

October 09, 2005 2:39 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

good call, maybe daddy will have better luck. My 3 yr old just had an appt too. The dentist gave her a 'ride' on the chair and just 'counted' her teeth and said that's all he would do. She was fine. Next time will be the real deal.

October 09, 2005 3:45 PM

 
Blogger Trinity13 said...

Thanks for stoppin by everyone...I too hope he does better with his daddy!

October 09, 2005 11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home